+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passports from USA

kom

Aug 30, 2012
Folks,

I applied under CEC last year and moved to USA recently. My application was approved and I received PPR email :)
Now that we need to send passports to Ottawa and plan for our landing, I have few questions.

1) I understand that I need to courier the passports from USA to Ottawa. And since I do not have a mailing address in Canada, the passports will be sent back to my USA address by regular mail. Could somebody please confirm if this is correct?

2) If the above understanding is correct, is it safe to get the passports back by regular email? Or shall I send the passports to my friend in Canada and request him to courier them to Ottawa with return canada Xpresspost envelop and send us the passports back when he gets them? Is that permitted?

3) Regarding the landing process: Do I need to land in Ontario since I applied under CEC from Ontario? Or can I land to BC and provide Ontario address for the PR card?
I need to come back to USA after landing due to commitment at work. I will plan to permanently shift to Canada at a later time.

Thanks!

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
kom said:
Folks,

I applied under CEC last year and moved to USA recently. My application was approved and I received PPR email :)
Now that we need to send passports to Ottawa and plan for our landing, I have few questions.

1) I understand that I need to courier the passports from USA to Ottawa. And since I do not have a mailing address in Canada, the passports will be sent back to my USA address by regular mail. Could somebody please confirm if this is correct?

2) If the above understanding is correct, is it safe to get the passports back by regular email? Or shall I send the passports to my friend in Canada and request him to courier them to Ottawa with return canada Xpresspost envelop and send us the passports back when he gets them? Is that permitted?

3) Regarding the landing process: Do I need to land in Ontario since I applied under CEC from Ontario? Or can I land to BC and provide Ontario address for the PR card?
I need to come back to USA after landing due to commitment at work. I will plan to permanently shift to Canada at a later time.

Thanks!
Hi Kom,

What have you decided for your passports ? Are you sending them from US ?