+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport via courier to/from

kcul

Feb 11, 2012
Hi frens,

Is it allowed to send passport via courier to/from Nepal for visa stamping in the CHC New Delh officei? Me currently in canada.

Regards,
Kcul

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kcul said:
Hi frens,

Is it allowed to send passport via courier to/from Nepal for visa stamping in the CHC New Delh officei? Me currently in canada.

Regards,
Kcul
Sending passport from/to other countries by POST is illegal. So, I don't see any reason for sending a passport by courier.
But you have to enquire whether CHC New Delhi used to return the passport out of the country by any method. I have doubt about that.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
wilson said:
Sending passport from/to other countries by POST is illegal. So, I don't see any reason for sending a passport by courier.
But you have to enquire whether CHC New Delhi used to return the passport out of the country by any method. I have doubt about that.
I second Wilson's comments.
In India, its not legal to send passports IN/OUT by courier. Even curier companies will not take it as a shipment. This is mentioned in the passport's last page itself.
The alternative is if some friend/ relative can hand carry, you can provide an authorization letter with them aong with passport.

Hope it helps

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
kcul said:
Hi frens,

Regards,
Kcul
You can not send your passport from Canada to India via courier.

But, I believe you can send it to your reliable contact person in Nepal via Courier. There are NO restrictions for Nepal. Ask your relative to cross border and do a internal courier to ND Visa Office or take it all the way to ND VO. This will required an Authorization letter for your relative. It is perfectly legal.

Best option will be - request New Delhi VO to do Visa Stamping the same day...and you can authorize your contact to submit and collect your passport in-person the same day. Take it back to Nepal and courier it back to you in Canada.

kcul

Feb 11, 2012
Hi DestCan,

I am the principal applicant of FSW application. My husband is dependent in my application. I got a request for MR and PPR. I am in Nepal and he is in canada. So, do you think he can send his passport to Nepal in my address via courier and I send my passport along with his together in Visa Office New Delhi? Is it possible to do that way?

Thanks you sharat_joshi77, wilson for the answer. I really appreciate it

Regards,
kcul

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
kcul said:
Hi DestCan,

I am the principal applicant of FSW application. My husband is dependent in my application. I got a request for MR and PPR. I am in Nepal and he is in canada. So, do you think he can send his passport to Nepal in my address via courier and I send my passport along with his together in Visa Office New Delhi? Is it possible to do that way?

Thanks you sharat_joshi77, wilson for the answer. I really appreciate it

Regards,
kcul
Yes, your husband should be able to send it you in Nepal via FedEx (please double check with FedEx office in Nepal). Once you have his passport, I recommend you travel to New Delhi in-person rather than trying to courier it. If you must courier it then, you must do it from India itself (closest Indian city that has a reliable courier service). But, please do not send it with courier from Nepal to India. It is not allowed as per Govt regulations (as wilson has mentioned already).

Good luck!

kcul

Feb 11, 2012
Hi DestCan,

But in the case of Nepal all the people who need Canadian Visa has to apply it through Canadian High Commission New Delhi and most of them send it through VFS. So, Once I get the passport from my husband, Can I send it through VFS to CHC New Delhi?

Thank you so much for you reply...

Regards,
Kcul

kcul

Feb 11, 2012
Can the passport be send from canada to Nepal in a courier ?

Anyone know about this please confirm.

Regards,
kcul

kcul

Feb 11, 2012
Anyone knows about this????? Please Help - Nepal

Can the passport be send from canada to Nepal in a courier ? Has anyone did in the past?

Anyone know about this please tell me..

Regards,
kcul

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
Re: Anyone knows about this????? Please Help - Nepal

kcul said:
Can the passport be send from canada to Nepal in a courier ? Has anyone did in the past?

Anyone know about this please tell me..

Regards,
kcul
For that, please check with Courier companies in Nepal like DHL and FedEx. They would know.

shukla

Nov 26, 2011
Hello KCUL,

Please update if you have any information. I am in sort of similar situation. I would be really thankful if you can update the thread with updated info.

Can someone courier a passport from Nepal to overseas legally?

TIA.
mailplz[AT]Gmail

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
shukla said:
Hello KCUL,
Please update if you have any information. I am in sort of similar situation. I would be really thankful if you can update the thread with updated info.
Can someone courier a passport from Nepal to overseas legally?

TIA.
mailplz[AT]Gmail
The easiest way to find this out is to check with courier companies in Nepal. All other replies will be either from internet or some guesses. FOr such things, always check the info first hand...
I did the same when I was in this situation, but thankfully, a relative was going to Canada and I sent my passport along with him for stanping...
Hope it helps.