+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Passport to Canada

Sambhavi

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

I recently (a week back) received an email requesting for my passport.

I applied for Express Entry while I was in the US (June 30 AOR) and moved to India in late July.

I sent them an email saying my location is changed. They haven't responded yet. Although I don't live in the USA, can I send my passport to a friend or relative who can complete the process for me?

Or do I have to send it from India? Will there be a problem if I am in India and the passport is sent from the US?

I will greatly appreciate any help in this line. Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Sambhavi

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Inform CIC of your current address and contact your local visa office. Once instructed, you can send your passport to them.

Sambhavi

Jul 10, 2018
Thank you for your reply.
Can I not send it to someone in USA or Canada to complete the process? Or do I have to do it in India.

Thank you.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
First off, you have to inform IRCC of any change in address regardless. I don't recommend you send your passport across borders, why complicate things for yourself ? Keep it simple, inform of change of address, contact local visa office and send your passport to them. But, at the end of the day, it's your call.

Sambhavi

Jul 10, 2018
Okay. Noted. I did send them an email about a week ago that I am not in US and I received an automated response. But I haven't received an email ever since.
They mentioned in the email that if I did not have a US or Canada mailing address I should send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and I did. But I haven't changed the address yet on the form.
But I will take your advice.

I really appreciate your help and assistance. Thank you.