+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

pat_pat

May 12, 2022
So I had my online portal update its status to Approved with details about my COPR yesterday but my Fedex tracking still hasn't been activated. Has anyone else faced something similar?
Same here. Awaiting UPS tracking to be activated.
Hopefully within this week.

rk111

Jul 8, 2021
Hi All,

I received the RFV on May 18th, requesting to submit my Indian passport to the case processing center in Ottawa. I raised a web form to check if I can send my passport through VFS global in the US. But no response yet. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Instructions in the letter -
If you have a mailing address in the USA, please submit it by courier in a single package with all required documents to the following address:
CPCO - PR VISA
US Permanent/Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A1L1

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hi All,

I received the RFV on May 18th, requesting to submit my Indian passport to the case processing center in Ottawa. I raised a web form to check if I can send my passport through VFS global in the US. But no response yet. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

If you have a mailing address in the USA, please submit it by courier in a single package with all required documents to the following address:
CPCO - PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A1L1
Just send it to Ottawa by following these steps if you don't wanna delay this any further.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-passport-from-usa-to-canada.507934/post-10083836

I'm not sure if you'll get a response to your query within 30 days. A lot of people have sent their passports to Ottawa and received them back within a couple of weeks. I sent mine last week.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi All,

CPCO - PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A1L1
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to send the passports to Ottawa? Do you have travel plans?

pat_pat

May 12, 2022
Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to send the passports to Ottawa? Do you have travel plans?
I tried changing VO to NY( very close to where i live) but never received response from Ottawa office and even on the webform i raised. Rather than delaying, i decided to send to Ottawa

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I tried changing VO to NY( very close to where i live) but never received response from Ottawa office and even on the webform i raised. Rather than delaying, i decided to send to Ottawa
Thats better.

mothimus

Dec 2, 2020
Yeah, it's super annoying when I could've literally walked to the Canadian consulate in NY from my home but had to spend over $100 to mail to Ottawa and back. At least in my case it was quick.

rc67

May 25, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I've sent in my Passport for COPR and it has reached CIC Ottawa on May1st. I've not received my confirmation yet and I have a international trip upcoming next week. Trip is to India and I'm going in for my marriage. Is there any way I can request for expedition of processing, please share any additional information. Thank you