waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
qorax said:
Correctly advised. Well done & Seconded !

BTW, FedEx & DHL aren't bad as well. I sent mine via one of them [can't remember which] & it reached London in 24 hrs. They both have a 'secured-passport service' exclusively for this purpose.

AND, submitting pps thru a friend/relative 'by hand' @ CHC-London isn't a bad idea too. In such a case it'd take 2 weeks to be 'stamped' [that's what is their std timeframe, however many got within a week too]. While if it's sent via courier, it'd take a min of 4-6 weeks to return back to Dubai [via CHC internal despatch & Aramex].

All said, it's perfectly alright to courier our pps, to & fro, Dubai, any nationality. No issues... and pretty safe too.

Good job, D-himself.

Qorax

Qorax,
Hi.

I will have a similar situation down the road...I am in India and would need to send passport to NY office next year. Since it is illegal to send passport out of India, what are my options? If I use Fed-Ex, will they know I am sending out my passport (still illegal)?

Thanks.

sudhi.4uk

Feb 16, 2010
Hi guys,

I thought my input would be helpful...I changed my mind in the last minute and decided to go to London to submit it in person, there were two reasons for that :-

1. I dont need to apply for visa to go to England
2. i didnt want any postal delay or anything to affect my application since i had to submit my passport before 10th Jan.

The applying in person takes 2 working days as opposed to applying by posy which takes 6 weeks. i applied in person and got my receipt which i have to produce after 2 weeks to get my passport back.

My medicals were done back in june so my entry visa would be valid till june 2012.

So if i apply in person I can save 4weeks. iam thinking of entering canada, get the PR card and everything and then exit looking for a job in my home country.

i will go back after 2 yrs and stay there for3 years to get my citizenship within the 5 yrs. :)

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
DestCan said:
Qorax,
Hi.

I will have a similar situation down the road...I am in India and would need to send passport to NY office next year. Since it is illegal to send passport out of India, what are my options? If I use Fed-Ex, will they know I am sending out my passport (still illegal)?

Thanks.
U can't - from India. It'd be held-up in Bombay Customs... they'd know!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sudhi.4uk said:
Hi guys,
i will go back after 2 yrs and stay there for3 years to get my citizenship within the 5 yrs. :)
For citizenship u need to stay here for 3yrs. in the last 4yrs.

sudhi.4uk

Feb 16, 2010
wouldnt it be the same thing? staying three years and as you said three years in the last 4 years?
I mean can i get PR card and work in dubai for two years and then go to canada for three years to get citizenship?

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
sudhi.4uk said:
wouldnt it be the same thing? staying three years and as you said three years in the last 4 years?
I mean can i get PR card and work in dubai for two years and then go to canada for three years to get citizenship?
Technically speaking...what u said is ok for citizenship criteria. The rule for 3 years out of 4 years applies to those who are not able to make it straight 3 years.

kcul

Feb 11, 2012
ayazf said:
any idea guys if it is allowed to send passports to and from Nepal.

Hi ayzaf,

Are you able to get any information regarding the passport ...if it is allowed to send passport to and from Nepal?

Regards,
Kcul,

metallica.kyoto

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Dear Everyone,
I have received the passport request from NDVO and I am living in Japan. Most of the courier companies have denied except the DHL which has agreed to send my passport from Japan to NDVO.According to DHL,a passport can be from embassy to embassy or from individual to embassy if a accompanied with a letter for the customs clearance.
On showing the letter from NDVO they have agreed to send my passport.

Has anyone been in the similar situation of mailing passports across the borders which is an way illegal?

Also does NDVO provides extension for passport submission dates when the candidate is living overseas?
Regards,
Manish

Marata

Dec 11, 2012
sudhi.4uk said:
Dear All,

Please help me..iam in a dilemma..Iam an indian citizen living in dubai...I applied for canada immigration from London Uk...now iam working in dubai and the CHC London have asked my passport for visa stamping...I will have to get the passport to CHC before 10 Jan...I want to know if it is safe to send it by courier like DHL or Fed-ex...I was advised that there might be a customs delay...will this be a delay be long?
Is it legal to send the passport to a person in london other than the CHC..I have friends in london so should i send the passport to them and they can submit it in person so that i can get it back within 2weeks.

Please help me out!!!

Sudhi
I have used fedex out of Dxb , revd next day in London.
As long address is clear " Canadian High Commission " everything will be smooth

DHL is transit via Germany out of DXB
Fedex is Direct Flight Dxb-London
Good Luck