+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sending passport by courier from dubai

sudhi.4uk

Feb 16, 2010
Dear All,

Please help me..iam in a dilemma..Iam an indian citizen living in dubai...I applied for canada immigration from London Uk...now iam working in dubai and the CHC London have asked my passport for visa stamping...I will have to get the passport to CHC before 10 Jan...I want to know if it is safe to send it by courier like DHL or Fed-ex...I was advised that there might be a customs delay...will this be a delay be long?
Is it legal to send the passport to a person in london other than the CHC..I have friends in london so should i send the passport to them and they can submit it in person so that i can get it back within 2weeks.

Please help me out!!!

Sudhi

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Feel free! :) there's nothing to worry about sending your Passport by courier. Besides you can track each step of your package and it's movement on it's way till it gets delivered to the visa office in London. Foreign people live in Canada sends and receives their passports via courier all the time for TRV's, PPT renevals etc etc.. It's all good!
sudhi.4uk said:
Dear All,

Please help me..iam in a dilemma..Iam an indian citizen living in dubai...I applied for canada immigration from London Uk...now iam working in dubai and the CHC London have asked my passport for visa stamping...I will have to get the passport to CHC before 10 Jan...I want to know if it is safe to send it by courier like DHL or Fed-ex...I was advised that there might be a customs delay...will this be a delay be long?
Is it legal to send the passport to a person in london other than the CHC..I have friends in london so should i send the passport to them and they can submit it in person so that i can get it back within 2weeks.

Please help me out!!!

Sudhi

B

bloom

sttn said:
Feel free! :) there's nothing to worry about sending your Passport by courier. Besides you can track each step of your package and it's movement on it's way till it gets delivered to the visa office in London. Foreign people live in Canada sends and receives their passports via courier all the time for TRV's, PPT renevals etc etc.. It's all good!
misguided and wrong information

indian passports cannot b send or recd outside Indian territory....its illegal

UUse the search button on right upper side to get more info on this

u have to find friends or family members to help u....london will need an address in Uk. Courier will not accept PP for mailing out

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
@ bloom ... You are wrong my friend. HE is not living in India, he is Indian working and living in Dubai.
sttn is right.

Anyways here is how it goes....
You have instructions in the letter, that you received for Passport Request, it mentions 2 methods.

1 - Send by Courier from Dubai..
2 - Submit in Person.

As you are in Dubai, I will recommend ARAMEX over the other couriers. Dont send it to friends etc and then they submit to London VO, it will just cause delay and is not needed.

Its LEGAL and OK to send Passports from Dubai to London....IF you are in India or Pakistan and some other countries, they prohibit sending passports from the country. ITS NOT like you cannot from anywhere.

Congrats, Relax and Aramex the Passports AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

All of us living in the Middle East send via couriers. See the main page there is even a thread for Dubai Applicants and one for Tracking Passport timelines etc.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
devilhimselff said:
@ bloom ... You are wrong my friend. HE is not living in India, he is Indian working and living in Dubai.
sttn is right.

You have instructions in the letter, that you received for Passport Request, it mentions 2 methods.

2 - Submit in Person.

As you are in Dubai, I will recommend ARAMEX over the other couriers. Dont send it to friends etc and then they submit to London VO, it will just cause delay and is not needed.

Its LEGAL and OK to send Passports from Dubai to London....IF you are in India or Pakistan and some other countries, they prohibit sending passports from the country. ITS NOT like you cannot from anywhere.

All of us living in the Middle East send via couriers. See the main page there is even a thread for Dubai Applicants and one for Tracking Passport timelines etc.
Correctly advised. Well done & Seconded !

BTW, FedEx & DHL aren't bad as well. I sent mine via one of them [can't remember which] & it reached London in 24 hrs. They both have a 'secured-passport service' exclusively for this purpose.

AND, submitting pps thru a friend/relative 'by hand'@CHC-London isn't a bad idea too. In such a case it'd take 2 weeks to be 'stamped' [that's what is their std timeframe, however many got within a week too]. While if it's sent via courier, it'd take a min of 4-6 weeks to return back to Dubai [via CHC internal despatch & Aramex].

All said, it's perfectly alright to courier our pps, to & fro, Dubai, any nationality. No issues... and pretty safe too.

Good job, D-himself.

Qorax

sudhi.4uk

Feb 16, 2010
thanks a lot for the information :).. Iam planning to fed-ex it to a friend of mine in swindon, uk and he will submit the same at CHC london and hopefully he can pick it up after two weeks and send it across to me..
I had called dHL in dubai and they said that they cannot guarantee anything regarding the custom check for passports...this made me a bit confused.
i still have my UK visa and can go there anytime but dont want to spend a bomb on flight ticket when i can courier the passports.

Regards
sudhi

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
12-20-2011 (December 20th 2011)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-22-2011 Passport Submission: December 20th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
Yes I am 100% agree with Bloom, as per Canadian Immigration email that I have received 3 days ago, you can not send your passport by post. Your passport should not cross the border. I am in Canada on work permit and got the request from NDVO regarding my passport, now I am traveling to India for submission my passport. This is only my advice rest is up to u.

Thank you.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
BEFORE YOU TALK AT LEAST READ AND UNDERSTAND SOME ONE'S CONCERN! INDIAN GOVERNMENT RULES DOES NOT APPLY AS LONG AS THE ACTIVITY IS NOT ORIGINATED IN INDIA. YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS IF YOU NEED TO SEND IN A PASSPORT TO INDIA AND TO SEND IT OUT FROM THERE. INDIAN OFFICIALS OR COURIER COMPANIES ARE NOT HAVING CONCERNS WHEN YOU NEED TO DO THIS BETWEEN TWO OTHER COUNTRIES EXCEPT INDIA.
bloom said:
misguided and wrong information

indian passports cannot b send or recd outside Indian territory....its illegal

UUse the search button on right upper side to get more info on this

u have to find friends or family members to help u....london will need an address in Uk. Courier will not accept PP for mailing out

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
YOU AGREE WITH BLOOM BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT ALSO IN INDIA, NOT IN LONDON HA HA HA IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT TO LONDON AND AGREE WITH BLOOM HOW WILL YOU DO THAT ONCE YOU RETURN TO INDIA?? YOU ALSO SAID YOU CANNOT CROSS THE BORDER WITH YOUR PASSPORT. IF YOU ARE AN INDIAN LIVING IN DUBAI AND THE VISA OFFICE IS LONDON, IT'S SEEMS LIKE THERE IS NO WAY TO GET THIS DONE WITH THAT COMMENT. HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS OF INDIANS HAVING THEIR APPLICATIONS PROCESSED IN LONDON AND USING COURIER SERVICES TO SEND AND RECEIVE THEIR PASSPORTS. ONCE AGAIN ONLY INDIA DOES NOT SUPPORT COURIERS TO CARRY PASSPORTS AND THE RULE ONLY APPLIES IN INDIA.
kapil27 said:
Yes I am 100% agree with Bloom, as per Canadian Immigration email that I have received 3 days ago, you can not send your passport by post. Your passport should not cross the border. I am in Canada on work permit and got the request from NDVO regarding my passport, now I am traveling to India for submission my passport. This is only my advice rest is up to u.

Thank you.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Thanks qorax :)

Passport cannot move To and Fro from India/Pakistan... Rest is OK. sttn is right.

@ sudhi.4uk ...
Dude dont make things complicated :) Sending Passport from Middle East to London is a simple, routine matter....
You are worrying way to much :)

And if you send the Passport to your friend, make sure you send a Authority Letter as well, so that he can submit and Retrieve Passports from London Embassy. He should also present with a VALID ID.. Like his passport/driving license or anything that is issued by Government. Name matching is must too (authority letter/ID).

ALSO it is only THURSDAYS. Meaning you submit passports on Thursdays, Provided its not a Holiday, and collect on the Second Thursday (15days later), again provided its not a holiday, otherwise you will move on to NEXT Thursdays (21 days).
TIME is 2PM to 3PM ONLY...Not allowed to enter earlier and not allowed to enter later.

You should inform your friend about all these things, London can be a busy place to travel, so timing is important.

We have submitted Passports to London VO (as she was visiting) and Wife is gonna collect our Passports from London VO Soon :)

Regards

kapil27

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2011
Doc's Request.
positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.
AOR Received.
06-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
07-18-2011
Med's Request
11-22-2011
Med's Done....
12-20-2011 (December 20th 2011)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-22-2011 Passport Submission: December 20th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-28-2012
LANDED..........
I am in Winnipeg Canada
Yes Sttn, you are right.

If some one sending passport from Dubai to UK it's completely different scenario. In my case, I am in Canada and visa processing center is New Delhi so I can't send my passport from Canada to India. I am sorry for any confusion but just I was trying to help :)

Thank you,

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree..!!

OMM

devilhimselff said:
sttn is right.

2 - Submit in Person.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
There you go... :)
kapil27 said:
Yes Sttn, you are right.

If some one sending passport from Dubai to UK it's completely different scenario. In my case, I am in Canada and visa processing center is New Delhi so I can't send my passport from Canada to India. I am sorry for any confusion but just I was trying to help :)

Thank you,

canada321

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Med's Request
8-11-2012
Med's Done....
1-12-2012
Passport Req..
8-11-2012
Regards to all,

Can we confirm this issue from New Delhi Visa Office directl bcz i also want to clear it.My son is studying in Canada and i am worried about this step.Sudhi.4uk and Kapil27 pls help me what you did .Other seniors pls help us.
Thanks.