+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport after PPR to a CVAC office that is not in your resident country

zee78

Oct 5, 2019
Good day Seniors,

Pls i need your advice and experience to help solve my issue.

I got PPR on 23rd of Sept 2019.
I reside in Nigeria, but erroneously sent my passport and family passports to CVAC (vfsglobal)in Accra Ghana.
I got a mail on the 1st of Oct 2019 from the CVAC office acknowledging receipt of the passport and requesting for GHC1,960 for "Visa transmission fee and return of passports.

Pls any Ghanaian in the house that paid such an amount?

It was difficult to transfer money from a naira account to the Ghanaian Ecobank account number that was given.
After much ado I was able to transfer the money on Thursday 3rd of Oct.

My worries are;
Can a CVAC in ghana process my visA since my country of residence is Nigeria and Nigeria has a CVAC

I worry if the email was a scam, cos up until I made the payment when I call the phone number they initially used to call me i get a respond. After i made payment i called them to ask if they have received and i got an acknowledgement that they did. However since then on they no longer pick my call

How long does it take to see a change in status on my CIC account status.

Last worry I haven't been given a tracking number from the CVAC (Vfsglobal ghana) that I sent the passport to

Kindly share your experiences or knowledge I am in dire need of both

Thank you seniors

toyinsco

Oct 4, 2019
Good day Seniors,

Pls i need your advice and experience to help solve my issue.

I got PPR on 23rd of Sept 2019.
I reside in Nigeria, but erroneously sent my passport and family passports to CVAC (vfsglobal)in Accra Ghana.
I got a mail on the 1st of Oct 2019 from the CVAC office acknowledging receipt of the passport and requesting for GHC1,960 for "Visa transmission fee and return of passports.

Pls any Ghanaian in the house that paid such an amount?

It was difficult to transfer money from a naira account to the Ghanaian Ecobank account number that was given.
After much ado I was able to transfer the money on Thursday 3rd of Oct.

My worries are;
Can a CVAC in ghana process my visA since my country of residence is Nigeria and Nigeria has a CVAC

I worry if the email was a scam, cos up until I made the payment when I call the phone number they initially used to call me i get a respond. After i made payment i called them to ask if they have received and i got an acknowledgement that they did. However since then on they no longer pick my call

How long does it take to see a change in status on my CIC account status.

Last worry I haven't been given a tracking number from the CVAC (Vfsglobal ghana) that I sent the passport to

Kindly share your experiences or knowledge I am in dire need of both

Thank you seniors

Firstly, if you re in Nigeria currently try to visit the vfs office in Nigeria either Lagos or Abuja and ask for the Ghana Vfs office info, if it correspond with the info you ve that claimed to be CVAC in Ghana, request for other contact phone number you can reach them with...and you should try and make the trip to Ghana ASAP.