+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Indian Passport outside the country of residence!!!

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Same problem with my friends his PR application is in process at Buffalo but she is in Pakistan. She needs to send passport.. don,t know how

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Dear SK

I thought this problem of sending passport outside the country was peculiar to Indian passport holders only. Does the same conditions apply to Paksitan passport holders as well? Can you print what the condition expressely states...? Like on the Indian passport it reads, Caution," Passport should not be sent out of any country by post. It should be in custody either of the holder or of a person authorised by the holder."

Regards

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
I wish I had the answer to your question Ankur. Its been a weak since I am trying to solicit a solution to this vexed problem without falling foul on the Indian passport law.

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
PMM's views on this issue are on this link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pmm-and-senior-members-your-kind-attention-please-t20962.0.html

Californian

Jul 9, 2009
Can someone provide more detail where I can find the law or legality if the Indian passport can be trasported by an authorized person to Buffalo to Visa stamping. I am going through the same situation. I am in US, and applied for my daughter (in India) for canadian immigration with me. Application is approved but CIC needs passports to be in Buffalo for visa stamping.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh123 said:
Dear All

I am starting a new thread on the issue of "sending an Indian passport outside your country of residence".

I am aware that one can not send an Indian passport by post/courier out of your country of residence, it is ILLEGAL. There is a word of caution in the passport which reads," Passport should not be sent out of any country by post. It should be in custody either of the holder or of a person authorised by the holder."

I happened to visit a Consulate General of India in a western country and what I read on the notice board I am sharing it with you. The notice read that the Ministry of External Affairs has taken a strong notice of people sending their Indian passports out of their country of residence and should any such case be detected the passport will be revoked and penalities imposed. The logic for the same was that it amounts of getting a visa in "absentia".

Now :1)one thing is crystal clear that you can not send an Indian passport out of the country of residence by post/courier.
2) what about sending it out side the country of residence by a authorised person? But even in this scenario it would amounts to getting a visa in "absentia", (what ever that means) as per the notice I have quoted above.

There will be hundreds if not thousands of Indian applicants for PR who are facing this dilemma. Many threads were active a couple of months ago on this issue but no one probably came back with first hand information on the issue or how they overcame this problem. Could I please invite all members to put in what ever information they have to help and sort out this issue. Your inputs will help many applicants who are abroad and have their cases being processed in home country or have applied abroad and are now in home country.

Regards
Ihave a similar problem. My daughter is about to leave the country on students visa. My application is in process and I expect it to be finalized in few months time. How will I get her medical done and how will I get her passports stamped without misrepresenting her case.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
bumping this very old thread... many of the ppl following this thread may get mails and may response on their experience.

Friends! pls help...

reshma123

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
I have similar problem....I got PPR request and I need to submit my and my spouse PP by jan 01' 2010. One of my friend is coming to US on dec 5th from India. can I get my spouse PP with her? Anyone in this forum successfully received the PP by using trusted person? Please advice and share your experience...
Thanks In advance

vaibhavvd

May 26, 2010
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
26-03-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010
IELTS Request
26-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013
LANDED..........
First Q 2014
@metallica,

You will have no other option than to send you ppts in/outside of India through somebody with an authorization from you. I did send my ppts out and inside of India through one of my friends and had given him authorization as well. Please PM me in case you need any further assistance in this regard.

regards
Vaibhav

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
vaibhavvd said:
@ metallica,

You will have no other option than to send you ppts in/outside of India through somebody with an authorization from you. I did send my ppts out and inside of India through one of my friends and had given him authorization as well. Please PM me in case you need any further assistance in this regard.

regards
Vaibhav
Can you send me some more info on this.. I have send you a message.

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2009
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-09-2014
Hi All,

I am working in US and expecting a passport request any day now.
My visa office is New Delhi, India.

I have talked to my lawyer (Cohen) and while they are aware that passport cannot be sent cross border via courier, they suggested that we can place a request that passports be submitted to visa office in US instead. They also said they have seen this numerous times and that my case isn't isolated.

Has anyone explored this option?

Regards, FSW

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
skilledworkerapplicant said:
Hi All,

I am working in US and expecting a passport request any day now.
My visa office is New Delhi, India.

I have talked to my lawyer (Cohen) and while they are aware that passport cannot be sent cross border via courier, they suggested that we can place a request that passports be submitted to visa office in US instead. They also said they have seen this numerous times and that my case isn't isolated.

Has anyone explored this option?

Regards, FSW
I am in the same situation was planning to do the same can we share more info.. will send u a private message of my contact details .