+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending in additional info to the Rome visa office

Emcco709

Nov 17, 2012
I hope someone has some advice for me. So I am trying to sponsor my Albanian husband. All the papers have been sent in and about a month ago we got an email from the Rome visa office saying my husband needed to send in some additional papers before January 16th. So we got the papers done asap and sent in on December 5th. We even paid for next day delivery. Thing is I haven't heard a word from the visa office to confirm that they have recieved the papers and I'm a little worried. I checked with the courier company and after some prying (they didn't give us a real tracking number so we had to call the head office and yell a little) we foundout the courier sent the papers on the 10th rather than next day like we paid for. According to the courier the papers were delivered and signed for on the 12th.
Will the visa office email me or should I call them to makesure. I know the courier said the papers were delivered but they lied to us a few times before finally telling the truth so I don't trust what they say.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Emcco709 said:
I hope someone has some advice for me. So I am trying to sponsor my Albanian husband. All the papers have been sent in and about a month ago we got an email from the Rome visa office saying my husband needed to send in some additional papers before January 16th. So we got the papers done asap and sent in on December 5th. We even paid for next day delivery. Thing is I haven't heard a word from the visa office to confirm that they have recieved the papers and I'm a little worried. I checked with the courier company and after some prying (they didn't give us a real tracking number so we had to call the head office and yell a little) we foundout the courier sent the papers on the 10th rather than next day like we paid for. According to the courier the papers were delivered and signed for on the 12th.
Will the visa office email me or should I call them to makesure. I know the courier said the papers were delivered but they lied to us a few times before finally telling the truth so I don't trust what they say.
Most VO won't confirm that some extra documents have been received, so if you don't hear from them it's normal.
You can always try to send a "case -specific enquiry" through their website explaining that the tracking system that you used is not reliable and you are worried because of the deadline approaching, but they might not answer to that either... always worth a try if you want. But if you don't get an answer - don't panic, it doesn't mean that your documents are not in their hands - it just means that they are not responding.

Good luck,
Sweden.

PS> Case specific enquiry for ROme is here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/rome.asp use the case specific one and put your file number etc, rather than the generic one.