+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending IELTS results to IRCC

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
I gave my General IELTS last month and forget to add receiving organization. When i called the IELTS center they told me that receiving organization option is only for Academic IELTS, they don't send the General IELTS results to IRCC.

They also said IRCC has the access of their database to verify what i have mentioned in my profile hence they dont need to send the IETLS results to them. Has anyone faced this issue? I am wondering if haven't added IRCC in my profile how they can access my report from backend?

Thanks.

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
When you get ITA and start with your application, there will be a section where you will enter your IELTS reference #. With it, IRCC will confirm your score through IELTS' database.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I gave my General IELTS last month and forget to add receiving organization. When i called the IELTS center they told me that receiving organization option is only for Academic IELTS, they don't send the General IELTS results to IRCC.

They also said IRCC has the access of their database to verify what i have mentioned in my profile hence they dont need to send the IETLS results to them. Has anyone faced this issue? I am wondering if haven't added IRCC in my profile how they can access my report from backend?

Thanks.
Disclaimer: Follow my advice at your own risk.

It has been some time since I got my ITA.. but I don't remember designating IRCC as recipient..

IRCC does ask for IELTS report card to be uploaded after an applicant receives ITA. They may verify your scores from there.

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Agree that we also have to send the soft copy of IELTS report to IRCC. However, i was thinking someone can easily manipulate that soft copy.

IRCC should have a backend process to verify the authenticity of the report..

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Agree that we also have to send the soft copy of IELTS report to IRCC. However, i was thinking someone can easily manipulate that soft copy.

IRCC should have a backend process to verify the authenticity of the report..
IRCC verifies each and every document..

:)

They can easily discern fake vs authentic documents..

Reactions: Rahul024

leenap

Jul 8, 2023
I have entered candidate number instead of certificate number in the IELTS section of PR application.I have received mail from IRCC stating need to correct the details.However, the details are non editable.How to submit correct certificate number to IRCC?Please help.

Aug 3, 2023
Please at which point, for the duration of your PR treatment did they request this ?
you should contact them through the webform.