+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sending documents??

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello to All!
If anybody has any advice on our situation, your input would be greatly appreciated! My wife from the Philippines and I have been teaching at a school in Thailand for two years now. We are contracted until May and then plan on heading back to live in Canada. My question is where do we send the applications? We have phoned the embassy here in Thailand and they said to forward all of our documents to Singapore, we have tried to get some advice from the embassy in Singapore, but haven’t had any luck. We contacted the embassy in the Philippines and they said because she has been out of the Philippines’s for more than 6 months, the application should not go through Manila! We have read all the regional information from the CIC site, but are still unclear on where to send are documents!

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance
FC

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi FC

Once you have the region specific application forms in hand you will see you have two choices: -

If the applicant (your wife) has been legally admitted to another country for at least one year (which she obviously has given her work contract) you can choose to have your application processed in that country.

OR you may choose to have the application processed in the applicant's country of nationality.

So it will be up to you and your wife to choose which suits you best. Either way you will be sending your application to CIC-Miss in the first instance and they will then forward your application to whichever visa office you choose.

Hope that helps.

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Thanks gdaymate

Thanks Gdaymate

Think we are going to take the Thailand path, they mentioned to us at the embassy that they do not process the documents in Thailand, they send them to Singapore.
One question, the complete application (A,B and C) all have to be sent to Mississauga, then they will send them off after the sponsor has been approved, this apples even if we are both living abroad?

Thanks again for your help,

FC

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
You're welcome FC.

Yes, even if you're both abroad the complete application goes to Mississauga first and after sponsorship approval they will send it off to the visa office you choose.

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Another question!!!!
My wife and are going to process her documents through Thailand, we have a question regarding the police clearance. The CIC website states

"In order to apply for a Police Certificate, a request from the High Commission is required. This
letter will be sent to you at a later stage. Do not use the attached letter"

can anybody give us a few more details, will this letter be sent to us here in Thailand even if we are both non-Thais?

Thanks in advance!!
FC

mmanu

Nov 1, 2007
hi my self manu i wnt to imigrate in canada pls any one advice me the method &document requried for canada.i m married i havetwo small kids.i complete my m.sc(it)in computer science.i have experience of 4 years.pls guide meto imigratein canada

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Fingercrossed

This page provides instructions for a police check for non-residents in Thailand http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/thailand.asp

Although this page doesn't mention it, the cover letter for requesting police checks is included in your region specific application kit.

Yes, even though you are non-Thais all correspondence will be forwarded to you at the mailing address you provide on the forms.