+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending documents

aleop

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Hello everyone! I have two questions, I sent my application on March 15th, it got the return on April 21st, and I am getting the document that is missing by next week (May). I will send my application back as soon as I get the document that I am missing, do I need to change the signs and dates of the forms I filled out the first time (March) to May? Or I just keep the same forms, add the document that is missing and send the documents again? Does it matter that the date of the forms is March and I am sending it on May?

Also, this time I will use a courier, is it ok that I am seding my Open Work Permit also?

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
If you make any amendments to any of the applications or forms I would definitely put a new date on it from the day you fill it in and re sign it. As per the OWP you can include this with your application package, it usually takes around 4 months to obtain your open work permit. If you are on IEC you get implied status but only as a visitor, if you are on some other form of work permit I am pretty sure you can work during implied status, as long as your not a visitor

aleop

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
lukeaidan97 said:
If you make any amendments to any of the applications or forms I would definitely put a new date on it from the day you fill it in and re sign it. As per the OWP you can include this with your application package, it usually takes around 4 months to obtain your open work permit. If you are on IEC you get implied status but only as a visitor, if you are on some other form of work permit I am pretty sure you can work during implied status, as long as your not a visitor
Great! But if I do not have to change anything in the forms, would that be ok to keep same dates? Or will they considered "old' cause it is from March?.
Thank you for answering me :)

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
If you don't change anything in your old forms you do not need to re date and sign them. Anything you change even slightly you must re sign and re date.

Another thing to take into account is that forms update every so often, so make sure when you send the forms back they are not old forms. For example Generic Application that was previously December 2016 but now it has been changed to March 2017. So if you have forms that are "old" such as it saying for example IMM 5532 (December 2016) and the one online is IMM 5532 (March 2017) you will have to fill it out again and submit the newest one instead.

aleop

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
lukeaidan97 said:
If you don't change anything in your old forms you do not need to re date and sign them. Anything you change even slightly you must re sign and re date.

Another thing to take into account is that forms update every so often, so make sure when you send the forms back they are not old forms. For example Generic Application that was previously December 2016 but now it has been changed to March 2017. So if you have forms that are "old" such as it saying for example IMM 5532 (December 2016) and the one online is IMM 5532 (March 2017) you will have to fill it out again and submit the newest one instead.
Oh thank you so much. I have to check that, they stamped few of my forms with the date they received the documents for the first time, should I change them too? Or just keep them? (They have not changed)

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017