+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending documents...help needed!

Rickshawala

Jan 14, 2009
Hi everyone,
I have recenty received letter from Singarore to submit my docs.they told me to send only photocopies of docs unless otherwise specified.Dont i need to do notarize my copies?they gave me only 90 days.i applied on june 2008.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rickshawala said:
Hi everyone,
I have recenty received letter from Singarore to submit my docs.they told me to send only photocopies of docs unless otherwise specified.Dont i need to do notarize my copies?they gave me only 90 days.i applied on june 2008.
They said photocopies, if they want notarized copies that is what they would have requested, as "otherwise specified" The criminal records check have to originals. If this not an update of an existing application, follow their appendix B http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37057.pdf

PMM

raqib_00

Feb 19, 2009
Dear rickshawala,
I have also asked to send the dics within April,plz keep in touch ar raqibur@gmail.com; so that we can discuss while getting prob in filling forms and other problems. Please give me your mail address so that we can connect each other in need.

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
If the CIC asks you for photo copies you send them copies, but read below:

Send notarized photocopies of all other documents, unless instructed otherwise. Retyped
copies are not acceptable.
If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized translation with a copy of
the originals. These must be done by an official translator. You cannot translate your own
documents.

It is always gud to send notarized photocopies because they assume that you know, when they say send photocopies.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
helpmeimmigrate is right. all photocopies should be notarized unless specified you dont need it.
unnotarized photocopies of documents have no legal standing.
better be safe than sorry.