+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending certificates from India to WES for ECA

sayantan91

Aug 28, 2016
Hello guys!!
Has anyone sent certificates recently to WES from India?? If yes then please reply I need some help.

ZoobieS

Jun 29, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
Scarborough
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
I had sent a couple of months back. What is it that you want to know.
Happy to help!

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
sayantan91 said:
Hello guys!!
Has anyone sent certificates recently to WES from India?? If yes then please reply I need some help.
Certificates? You mean transcripts right?
If yes then yes I have sent in past and got my ECA

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
think0911 said:
Certificates? You mean transcripts right?
If yes then yes I have sent in past and got my ECA
When you did your ECA in past?

Please note your WES ECA is valid for five years from the date of issue, and you can continue using your ECA when you submit a new Express Entry profile. For more details about applying under one of CIC's immigration programs, visit the CIC website.

http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/updates/

sayantan91

Aug 28, 2016
My university doesn't have any such format of transcript which can indicate details of all subjects passed across the course. I am wondering Shall I send attested copies of all the marksheets to wca or only the passing certificate will safice the purpose.

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, WES explicitly asks for transcripts, and not marksheets.
These are the 2 document that you have to send
1. A sealed envelope of you college transcript
2. A photocopy of your degree cerificate

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
sayantan91 said:
My university doesn't have any such format of transcript which can indicate details of all subjects passed across the course. I am wondering Shall I send attested copies of all the marksheets to wca or only the passing certificate will safice the purpose.
From which University you did graduation?

Please check below instruction for Mumbai University. You can check instructions for your university on WES website.

*******************Quote***********************
University of Mumbai awarded B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.Eng., and B.Arch.

B.Eng.
Mark sheets for year 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of your study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

******************Unquote**********************

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
joohi said:
No, WES explicitly asks for transcripts, and not marksheets.
These are the 2 document that you have to send
1. A sealed envelope of you college transcript
2. A photocopy of your degree cerificate
It depends on graduation course. For Engineering degree, WES accepts mark sheets attested by University.

atul1210

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
I have few queries pertaining to WES which I have encountered while creating WES Account.

1. The institute's name(IMT, Ghaziabad) from which I did PGDMB is not a part of WES list. Will they still recognise the course? Also while filing up academic credential, Institution type should be selected as "University educationa" or "Professional Education".

2. My wife's identification documents, the name with which her EE Profile will be eventually created, bears the new surname post marriage whereas her transcripts issued by the university have her pre-marriage surname. Please let me know by what name should I create her WES profile or should I send copy of our marriage certificate along with WES documents.

3. Do I need to send attested copies of the Degree Certificate along with mine and my wife's transcripts or just a photocopy of the degree would suffice.

sayantan91

Aug 28, 2016
Hi again guys,
I am sorry but I am still a bit confused about this transcript thing and my board/college is also not able to help me much on this matter. So would like to urge if some body can share with me a sample copy of his/her transcript. Even a sample format will help me a lot.
Also please tell me after signing up with wes and paying the fees online, within how many days I have to send the hard copies to them??

jimmy2times

Jan 2, 2016
sayantan91 said:
Hi again guys,
I am sorry but I am still a bit confused about this transcript thing and my board/college is also not able to help me much on this matter. So would like to urge if some body can share with me a sample copy of his/her transcript. Even a sample format will help me a lot.
Also please tell me after signing up with wes and paying the fees online, within how many days I have to send the hard copies to them??
Buddy, transcripts are just your individual semester marksheets stamped and attested by your exam cell/principal/VP/Dean and then SEALED in an envelope, addressed to WES. Make sure you don't open the envelope.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Don't confuse yourself with the word transcripts. Transcripts in Indian education context is nothing but a photocopy of your mark sheet that has university stamp and signature of controller of examiner on it. It is basically an attested copy of your mark sheet put in to a sealed envelope that has university stamp on the closing flap. All universities issue that these days. Don't confuse yourself with the word transcripts. Hope this helps!

ZoobieS

Jun 29, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
Scarborough
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
atul1210 said:
I have few queries pertaining to WES which I have encountered while creating WES Account.

1. The institute's name(IMT, Ghaziabad) from which I did PGDMB is not a part of WES list. Will they still recognise the course? Also while filing up academic credential, Institution type should be selected as "University educationa" or "Professional Education".

2. My wife's identification documents, the name with which her EE Profile will be eventually created, bears the new surname post marriage whereas her transcripts issued by the university have her pre-marriage surname. Please let me know by what name should I create her WES profile or should I send copy of our marriage certificate along with WES documents.

3. Do I need to send attested copies of the Degree Certificate along with mine and my wife's transcripts or just a photocopy of the degree would suffice.
My responses to your queries:
1. I had a similar case with my PGDM college not mentioned in WES list, where you can check before you create a profile. But once I created my profile and was filling the details, it picked up the college. So don't go purely by the list given at the initial checklist step. This will be University Education.

2. Create the profile in the same name as in Passport. To be sure, you can send WES an email query and they respond back pretty quickly.

3. A self-attested copy of Degree is sufficient.

Hope this helps!

sayantan91

Aug 28, 2016
DEEPCUR said:
Don't confuse yourself with the word transcripts. Transcripts in Indian education context is nothing but a photocopy of your mark sheet that has university stamp and signature of controller of examiner on it. It is basically an attested copy of your mark sheet put in to a sealed envelope that has university stamp on the closing flap. All universities issue that these days. Don't confuse yourself with the word transcripts. Hope this helps!
Ok thanks... now I think I get it... One more thing I would like to know after signing up with wes and paying the fees online, within how many days I have to send the hard copies to them??