+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending an Invitation Letter

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
Here's a random question:

I'm in the last stages of getting this invitation letter ready and everything. Just have to print and send it to my girlfriend.

When she puts it along with her application, should the letter be sealed? Or is it ok if it's opened, and maybe she could send the envelope along with it just to show it was sent from Canada?

I ask this cause many times I've sent her cards for holidays, and most times customs would open the envelope to check the contents. I'm afraid of this, since important documents are in there. When she receives it, I want her to open it and double check everything. Would that be ok?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
The only thing I have heard that is required to be sealed are university documents. There should be no problem with your girlfriend opening the envelope and she can enclose the letter/envelope with her application just to show the Canadian stamp if she wishes. In the end, they will base the decision on your girl friend's TIES TO HOME and very little else. As Canadians, we get so involved in making sure WE have done everything we can, and we end up establishing greater bonds to Canada for the invitee. Just make sure she includes every shred of evidence she has to PROVE SHE WILL RETURN HOME before the end of the visa, provide a good reason for the visit (itinerary) and downplay the relationship aspect.
I wish you every success!

bety84

Jul 19, 2011
hello ,could you please share what you put in your lettre i want to send to my husband lettre of invitation but my english is not good thanks for your help ,and good luck