06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
Good morning, all.

I am April, 2014 applicant. got an AOR on May 6th, sent an email on Nov, 6th to inform change of my relationship status and to inquire what i and my partner need to do for adding him on my application.

Right after i sent the email, i got an automatic acknowledgement as saying they will contact me within 30 business days.
I think, it is almost(or passed) 30 working days.

In that email, "If you are not the applicant or you are not authorized to receive the information, you will not receive a further reply to your e-mail" Does this mean, they think i am not an applicant?

I am getting really nervous, it seemed like my application is being late than other applicants. I sent GCMS note Dec 6th.

What should i do? Should i re-send an email to double check if my relationship status has been changed, and ask the same question?
Or wait and see?

Thank you and happy holidays! :)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pocketchoi said:
Good morning, all.

I am April, 2014 applicant. got an AOR on May 6th, sent an email on Nov, 6th to inform change of my relationship status and to inquire what i and my partner need to do for adding him on my application.

Right after i sent the email, i got an automatic acknowledgement as saying they will contact me within 30 business days.
I think, it is almost(or passed) 30 working days.

In that email, "If you are not the applicant or you are not authorized to receive the information, you will not receive a further reply to your e-mail" Does this mean, they think i am not an applicant?

I am getting really nervous, it seemed like my application is being late than other applicants. I sent GCMS note Dec 6th.

What should i do? Should i re-send an email to double check if my relationship status has been changed, and ask the same question?
Or wait and see?

Thank you and happy holidays! :)
It could take over 30 business days to get an email response from CIC.

Also, if you wrote them on November 6th - it's only been 31 business days as of today.

Re-sending an email now - you won't get a response until late January, possibly early February.

Why don't you call CIC's call centre and ask them

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I would love to call CIC, but I already called in November to ask what I needed to do report change of my status.

And CIC agent didn't know well, and he recommended me to email CIO(Sydney) then they will give me directions. That's why I emailed them..

But probably I should call CIC and ask too.

Thank you again. :)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pocketchoi said:
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I would love to call CIC, but I already called in November to ask what I needed to do report change of my status.

And CIC agent didn't know well, and he recommended me to email CIO(Sydney) then they will give me directions. That's why I emailed them..

But probably I should call CIC and ask too.

Thank you again. :)
I'd wait until the end of the month and if still no news by 1/2 - call them on 1/5 and hopefully the operator will be able to help!

If you don't want to wait that long - call Monday morning!

Good Luck!

mtr2o13

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
14-06-2014,RPRF req:16-06-2014
Med's Done....
14-06-2014. RPRF PAID:-18-06-2014 ecas: medical received 22-06-2014
Passport Req..
27th Oct 2014 ECAS: Decision Made 27th Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
17 Dec 2014
Don't panic.. you have ample of time to add your spouse in your application. As you mentioned that you have already informed CIC then I think you have done your part. They will contact you. And even if they don't they will give you many opportunities to update CIC about your status. First when you will get MR they will ask you about the same and even when you get RPRF they ask you. They gonna ask you about your status on every step so stay calm and be patient.

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
mtr2o13 said:
Don't panic.. you have ample of time to add your spouse in your application. As you mentioned that you have already informed CIC then I think you have done your part. They will contact you. And even if they don't they will give you many opportunities to update CIC about your status. First when you will get MR they will ask you about the same and even when you get RPRF they ask you. They gonna ask you about your status on every step so stay calm and be patient.
Thank you for your reply. I've seen some cases didn't go through well for PR, so i was getting really nervous. and i thought my application isn't right on time..(But normally, how long it takes to get an email for MR?)

But this actually made me feel little more relived.
Thanks again.

mtr2o13

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
14-06-2014,RPRF req:16-06-2014
Med's Done....
14-06-2014. RPRF PAID:-18-06-2014 ecas: medical received 22-06-2014
Passport Req..
27th Oct 2014 ECAS: Decision Made 27th Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
17 Dec 2014
It depends. For me it took around 7 months to get MR email. So, by that time you should be able to hear back from cic. Enjoy buddy it's a long process. After AOR it can take even one year to finally become a PR. And adding spouse doesn't impact your application it may add few week delays that too when you will have some submit few docs. Go through the forum you get to see a lot of such experience.

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
mtr2o13 said:
It depends. For me it took around 7 months to get MR email. So, by that time you should be able to hear back from cic. Enjoy buddy it's a long process. After AOR it can take even one year to finally become a PR. And adding spouse doesn't impact your application it may add few week delays that too when you will have some submit few docs. Go through the forum you get to see a lot of such experience.
ok, For me, it has been 7months, since AOR. January 6th would be 8 months.
Good to know, thanks again!