+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Send proof of residence after in process, or not????

Canuck2b

Nov 29, 2011
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to send proof of residence shortly after my file is showing in process?
I requested and received my CBSA report in case I needed it, and thought I could send it with other proofs that I never left the country since my arrival. I am trying to avoid that dreaded RQ.

Seeing all the RQ's lately, do you think it would be a good idea?

The other question is, to what address do we send the evidence when it shows in process? How do we know if it is tranferred to the local office?

Thanks for any advice

Maisa

Jun 14, 2012
I think it is not a good idea to send any documents unless they have requested them.
Could you please tell me how long did it take to get your CBSA report.
Thanx,

Maisa

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Canuck2b said:
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to send proof of residence shortly after my file is showing in process?
I requested and received my CBSA report in case I needed it, and thought I could send it with other proofs that I never left the country since my arrival. I am trying to avoid that dreaded RQ.

Seeing all the RQ's lately, do you think it would be a good idea?

The other question is, to what address do we send the evidence when it shows in process? How do we know if it is tranferred to the local office?

Thanks for any advice
canuck2b,
I was also in same dilemma and everyone gave me same reply that it is not a good idea, and I honor that and did not send any other document.
I don't know whether it is a good idea or not, because who knows CIC will take it positive or negative also.
But I am also now agree with others, because the way CIC is sending RQ without any sense looks CIC is very sensitive about anything.
So better to play safe.
Cheers

Canuck2b

Nov 29, 2011
Maisa said:
I think it is not a good idea to send any documents unless they have requested them.
Could you please tell me how long did it take to get your CBSA report.
Thanx,

Maisa
Thanks for the reply

It took 2 months to get the CBSA report

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC will issue RQ due to (i) concerns over residency or (ii) quality assurance/ programme integrity.

The residency concern is triggered by a range of factors e.g. unemployment, self employment, lack of entry records, suspect address, NCB Foss entries etc. Unless you mail in documents covering all the risk factors that the Citizenship Officer (CO) has issues with then IMHO you will still get an RQ regardless.

In summary if you want to avoid an RQ then IMHO you must in addition to the citizenship application form also fill out the actual RQ form and send all the documents that would normally be mailed in with the RQ to cover all residency concerns i.e medical records, notice of assessments, employment letters etc. Many on this forum mention sending a package in the + 2Kg weight to Sidney.

Even if you send these documents especially if its prior to your file going into 'process' someone at CIC has to find your original application and match it up with the RQ documents you mailed...would you trust the relevant admin staff to do this...where would they start? Is there a library type arrangement of files in an orderly manner at Sidney where they receive thousands of applications a year and have several hundred thousand files in process? No one knows so that's why its usually a very bad idea to send bureacracies additional information before its requested. At least if its upon request someone has been assigned your file and any information can be directed to them and not get 'lost' somewhere in filing.

This also assumes that the CO will after all this ignore what may be a systematic process e.g. if any resideny concerns issue an RQ. It may be that if the matter proceeds to appeal the judge will find that not issuing an RQ was prejudicial to the applicant and this may result in a loss of the appeal for CIC. Would you take the risk if you were the CO or would you CYA by issuing an RQ?

An additional factor to consider is that you may initially not have been in line for an RQ but the documents you send 'if reviewed' actually do raise concerns with CIC and you have self RQd..now that would be ironic!!

Hey if it makes you sleep better sure send the documents in.

IBMER

Dec 14, 2009
Can someone give me pointers regarding how to get
1. CBSA Report
2. OHIP Report?
Thanks!