+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Send Passport to VAC for Visa Stamp

raji1905

Aug 22, 2018
Hi,

I am currently on H1B in USA and submitted online application for Canadian TRV.
My application was approved and I got the request letter to send my original passport.

I sent my original passport along with the following documents to VAC at LA:
1. Consent form
2.Cashier's check for $32.27
3.Full contact info
4. Pre-paid return envelope from UPS
5. Request letter asking for my original passport.

I DID NOT send the original cashier's check to he LOCKBOX.
Is that a problem?

VAC LA states the following:

If you are mailing your application, you will be sending TWO SEPARATE PACKAGES. One to the LOCKBOX and one to the Visa Application Centre.

PACKAGE ONE will be sent to the lockbox with your VAC payment (draft, check, etc.). Lockboxes located in Boston and Dallas.

PACKAGE TWO will be sent to the Visa Application Centre with your application, passport, supporting documents, Visa application payment if applicable and copy of the VAC fee payment sent to the lockbox. VACs located in Los Angeles and New York.

This does not apply to me as my application has already been approved and all am doing is sending my passport????

Please help me out in understanding the process and let me know If I should have sent the Cashier's check (towards Passport delivery/e-application service and not for VAC processing fee) to the LOCKBOX.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Hi did that get approved finally? I am also in the same situation now.

Aug 23, 2018
Hi did that get approved finally? I am also in the same situation now.
Hi,
Yes, mine got approved. Below is my timeline:
Aug 8- submitted online application.
Aug 14- got request to mail passport.
Aug 15- mailed my passport to vac-LA
Aug 16 - Visa center stamped the passport and sent to ups for delivery
Aug 28 - ups took the passport for shipement
AUG 30 - received the passport.

In my case, the delay was due to UPS. Also, I did not get tracking number from VAC . I called them on Aug 27 and that’s when they told they alsready stamped and sent my passport. Even they were not sure why the application status was not updated in their site.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

msruthi1

Oct 4, 2018
hi

A) Submit a prepaid USPS, UPS, or DHL envelope (must be larger than letter-sized) to our office. Be sure to include a tracking # on it.
This i got it

B) Submit a fee of USD 20.21 for us to create a FedEx shipment (US addresses ONLY).
whats the need for fedex again. we are already submitting usps right

As per email sent on July 11 2018

Hello,

See details below as to how to submit your passport.

-Passport

-VAC consent form: http://csc.public.s3.amazonaws.com/checklists/US/en/General/Consent_Form.pdf

- CIC letter (approval letter)

- Copy of VAC Service Fee for passport submission -- $32.27 per applicant. It can be paid:

(VAC FEE IS ONLY WAVIED IF BIOMETRICS WAS DONE IN OUR OFFICE)

> At the Visa Application Centre with a credit/debit card (Visa/Mastercard).
> By bank draft, cashier’s check, certified check, or money order made out to “CSRA Consular Services, Inc.” **We do not accept personal checks or cash. If you have sent a personal check please have it cancelled. If it has been cashed you must submit a copy of a bank statement showing the withdrawal so that we can accept the payment.** Tear off and keep the receipt portions of money orders for your records.
The photocopy is listed a requirement because it serves as proof of payment and we cannot continue processing your passport without it. You will submit the actual check/money order for the payment by mail to the following address and a copy within your package that you will send to our office:
P.O. Box 419557 (CSRA Consular Services Inc)
Boston, MA 02241-9557
DO NOT SEND PREPAID RETURN ENVELOPES, PASSPORTS, OR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO THE LOCKBOX -- ONLY SEND VAC FEE PAYMENTS

- Return mailing options: (Please be advised, per our website we do not accept prepaid FedEx labels from applicants.)
A) Submit a prepaid USPS, UPS, or DHL envelope (must be larger than letter-sized) to our office. Be sure to include a tracking # on it.
B) Submit a fee of USD 20.21 for us to create a FedEx shipment (US addresses ONLY).
This can be can be paid by Visa/Mastercard at the VAC OR by bank draft, cashier’s cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSRA Consular Services Inc. **We do not accept personal checks or cash. If you have sent a personal check please have it cancelled. If it has been cashed you must submit a copy of a bank statement showing the withdrawal so that we can accept the payment.**
The original cheque(s) must be sent to the following lockbox with your name written on the back with a pencil and a copy within the package that you will send to our office:
Boston, MA 02241-9557
DO NOT SEND PREPAID RETURN ENVELOPES, PASSPORTS, OR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO THE LOCKBOX -- ONLY SEND VAC FEE PAYMENTS

---
Kind regards,
Visa Application Centre (ay)
290 Madison Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017

Email: ny-info@csc-cvac.com
Call Centre: (646) 741-0130

IreneBoghdadi

Mar 19, 2019
Hello, I'm writing to you because I appreciate your professionalism and quick response. I am preparing to send my passport to the VAC in LA, can you confirm that the VAC consent form that you send below is the latest one and the one that I should use http://csc.public.s3.amazonaws.com/checklists/US/en/General/Consent_Form.pdf

Also, you mentioned that if I've done the biometrics at a VAC then I don't need to pay the VAC Service Fee for passport submission, is this still applicable?

Would appreciate your swift response, thank you.

As per email sent on July 11 2018

Hello,

See details below as to how to submit your passport.

-Passport

-VAC consent form: http://csc.public.s3.amazonaws.com/checklists/US/en/General/Consent_Form.pdf

- CIC letter (approval letter)

- Copy of VAC Service Fee for passport submission -- $32.27 per applicant. It can be paid:

(VAC FEE IS ONLY WAVIED IF BIOMETRICS WAS DONE IN OUR OFFICE)

> At the Visa Application Centre with a credit/debit card (Visa/Mastercard).
> By bank draft, cashier’s check, certified check, or money order made out to “CSRA Consular Services, Inc.” **We do not accept personal checks or cash. If you have sent a personal check please have it cancelled. If it has been cashed you must submit a copy of a bank statement showing the withdrawal so that we can accept the payment.** Tear off and keep the receipt portions of money orders for your records.
The photocopy is listed a requirement because it serves as proof of payment and we cannot continue processing your passport without it. You will submit the actual check/money order for the payment by mail to the following address and a copy within your package that you will send to our office:
Boston, MA 02241-9557

- Return mailing options: (Please be advised, per our website we do not accept prepaid FedEx labels from applicants.)
This can be can be paid by Visa/Mastercard at the VAC OR by bank draft, cashier’s cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSRA Consular Services Inc. **We do not accept personal checks or cash. If you have sent a personal check please have it cancelled. If it has been cashed you must submit a copy of a bank statement showing the withdrawal so that we can accept the payment.**
The original cheque(s) must be sent to the following lockbox with your name written on the back with a pencil and a copy within the package that you will send to our office:
Boston, MA 02241-9557

---
Kind regards,
Visa Application Centre (ay)
290 Madison Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017

Email: ny-info@csc-cvac.com
Call Centre: (646) 741-0130[/QUOTE]

Hello, I'm writing to you because I appreciate your professionalism and quick response. I have applied

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi, My father and mother applied for Canada Visitor visa and have received a request to submit passport. I have a couple of questions, please advise:

1) Do we need to send both passports in separate envelops or single?
2) Do we need to send two separate prepaid return envelops or single?
3) Do we need to fill two separate consent forms? Also. do they need to fill Biometric section ( their Biometrics were done prior to PPR mail)
4) on VFS site, per package means per passport ?

Thanks in advance!

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi, My father and mother applied for Canada Visitor visa and have received a request to submit passport. I have a couple of questions, please advise:

1) Do we need to send both passports in separate envelops or single?
2) Do we need to send two separate prepaid return envelops or single?
3) Do we need to fill two separate consent forms? Also. do they need to fill Biometric section ( their Biometrics were done prior to PPR mail)
4) on VFS site, per package means per passport ?

Thanks in advance!
we did from India, and in vfs site, when we gave 2 applicants(father n mother), we got option to enter their details separately, fee calculated individually and payment done together, this case both parties address should be same, two separate awb numbers will be generated, u have to pack them
in two separate envelopes with two separate concent forms..hope this helps

Ana Lía

Oct 19, 2022
Hallo, I have to take my passport to VAC Argentina in Córdoba Ave. 1131, 3rd floor. Have I to ask for a turn?

fiveoplus

Aug 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please I need urgent help.

My mother inlaw just got her Canada visiting visa approved, we got the letter from the IRCC portal account to submit her passport today, by the way she is from Nigeria and had her biometric done in Nigeria also, right now she is scheduled to travel to to Florida (USA) on 29th of October, I am confused as to what to do, can she submit her passport with the letter when she gets to Florida? please help

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Hi everyone,

Please I need urgent help.

My mother inlaw just got her Canada visiting visa approved, we got the letter from the IRCC portal account to submit her passport today, by the way she is from Nigeria and had her biometric done in Nigeria also, right now she is scheduled to travel to to Florida (USA) on 29th of October, I am confused as to what to do, can she submit her passport with the letter when she gets to Florida? please help
Yes she can submit in Florida. Please share your mother in-law's timeline.