+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

send extra document/proof

Ludin

May 5, 2008
Hi every one,

I have a small question. They have asked a lot of you to send additional documents, which has caused a delay in your application process.

So I am thinking of sending 2/3 additional documents to prove that we were married and we are still together. For example a copy of my passport (to show that i went to Kabul), a short video clip of my wedding (I have sent them photos) and a recent receipt from Western Union (money transfer).

Do you think that would be helpful?

I have one other question. When they ask you for additional documents, usually what do they ask for? can you please give me a list? I have sent the following documents

- copy of marriage certificate, wedding photos, spouse medical check up, her police record, western union receipts (about 5), copy of tazkirah (id card)

Thank you

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Just a though, if you are already in north america you may obtain your phone record. To show that you called your family/spouse frequently. However, if you do not have this no worries. You have already submitted many documents!

I wish you good luck.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
You can also print off any emails and messenger chats (if you saved them). If either of you has anything that connects you to each other - include it.

Lynn

pea

Apr 23, 2008
you are not supposed to send them any video/tapes etc, it states that in the guidance.... I think!

Ludin

May 5, 2008
Thank you for your replies

I have used phone cards for long distance, so I won't be able to provide them with that kind of proof and we have only used msn one time (she doesn't have access to internet).

so we can not send them any videos/tapes?

Mridula R

May 6, 2008
Ludin,
Unless there is an exception (which i do not know if there is) NO, you cannot send them the electronic stuff, like electronic greeting cards, tapes (CD's etc). It says so in the application form itself.
If you have used phone cards it might be a good idea to stick them on an A4 plain paper and send them? Though it does not have the number you have dialed, at least its some proof.
I also have my husbands boarding pass when he came to visit me after the wedding. Maybe you can try the same.

Thanks
Mridula

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
Some phone cards (the better ones) have a website you can go to where you can top up your balance and stuff like that. The same site might have the option of showing you the numbers you've dialed using your phone card. I use a Vox card, and when I log onto the website, it lists the last 20 calls I made, identical to what a normal cell phone bill would look like, so that worked well.

Ludin

May 5, 2008
I decided I won't send them an electronic proof. I sent the visa office a letter along with my original wedding certificate. In the letter I mentioned that If they ever want it, than I will send them a copy. So if they don't ask for it, I am not sending them cd/dvd.

@ ThirstyDeer

Unfortunately, I am using Afghan Wireless Phone cards and I don't' think they have such options. The problem with Afghanistan is that we can only use specific cards, otherwise we won't be able to talk for a longer period of time.

Thank you

LCS

May 5, 2005
I would NEVER send an original docuement unless specifically requested. Notarized/legalized copies are sufficient.
I had over 60 or so used $20 calling cards, the size of credit cards, and wrapped them in two bundles with thick elastics and sent them along with my paperwork. Damned if I didn't get the things back with all the photos and other "evidence" . lol