+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Send a letter, FAX or Email to Immigration Minister Kenny

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
It does no good to moan and groan on this furum if you don't submit your complaint to Immigration Minister Kenny.
Below is a letter that I sent to Minister Kenny today about hardships facing Caregivers who want to change jobs while in Canada.

(Put your mailing address here)

Dear Minister Kenny
Hardship re a change of job for a foreign caregiver presently in Canada
At present, when a caregiver with a work permit in Canada loses a job and has a job offer with a new employer, he or she must wait several months before the new employer gets approval for a new Labor Market Opinion (LMO) from Service Canada and a new work permit from Canada Immigration Centre (CIC) in Vegreville, Alberta.
While waiting for the LMO and approval for a new work permit from CIC, the caregiver is not allowed to work and must support himself or herself on his or her savings and this may lead to financial hardship.
I propose that when a caregiver is already in Canada with a work permit, that the requirement for a Labor Market Opinion from Service Canada and a new work permit from CIC be removed as long as the present work permit is still in effect.

Sign it here and put your name below your signature.

Mail to: Minister Jason Kenny, House of Commons, Ottawa, Ont K1A 0A6
FAX 613-992-1920
EMail KenneJ@parl.gc.ca

FairWay

Oct 10, 2009
dben said:
Has anyone sent in a letter similar to mine?
No need to send, I am sure Minister Kenny has enough paper in his washroom...
If seriously, minister has to take care of citizens and PR here, not all the world.
What is the big deal? Fly home, wait for LMO approval if you cannot pay rent here.

Good luck anyway,

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
Fairway

You don't understand how the government works. Most times, an MP's office staff will open the mail and answer on behalf of the MP. If a particular subject comes up repeatedly then the staff will brief the MP. MP"s are not aware of all problems and they rely a lot on their constituents to bring problems forth that need to be addressed.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
I would help if more people would contact the Immigration Minister and complain about the waiting time at CIC Vegreville.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want the most impact you should contact your own MP. MPs always respond more seriously to letters from their own constituents, as they know that not doing so can mean a vote for their opponent (they don't know who's a citizen or not, and most immigrants become citizens pretty quickly anyway).

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
It would be more effective to send a letter, FAX or Email to both Immigration Minister Kenny and your local MP.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Letters are the most effective, then faxes, and emails last.

It would be most effective to visit in-person, actually. This may not be feasible for the minister, but certainly for your MP, as they all have local offices.

dben said:
It would be more effective to send a letter, FAX or Email to both Immigration Minister Kenny and your local MP.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
There is a possibility LMO's may not be required for caregivers who change jobs while in Canada. Everyone concerned should Email Alykhan Velsh and ask for this requirement to be removed. This is the person who is mainly responsible for changes in the caregiver program. The email address is at Alykhan.Velshi@cic.gc.ca