+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEMI-SKILLED for AINP thread only

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
echoes1978 said:
And what if I dont have previous experience in certain semi skilled worker occupation?

I am in process for open work permit based on the IEC program, so I will have a chance to work for 12 months in any occupation (if I find a job) and then find a permanent job offer and apply for AINP. I am planning to find a job in semi skilled occupation. Will this 10 or 12 months of experience be enough to prove my experience in certain field, or do they seek more proof from previous employers for semi skilled occupations? I have never worked in those occupations before.
Is there any semi skilled occupation for AINP, for which is nor necessary to have previous experience (except those 6 months working in Alberta)??

jayne22

Mar 20, 2011
Hello Guys! I jaz wanna ask something regarding AINP, Do i still need to send to the AINP the doc of my spouse that I have fill out on the from of CIC, I am applying under semi skilled,,,Thnks God Bless us

Banffitti

Sep 27, 2010
Hello AINP Nominees,

I've got a question and maybe one of you who got already nominated is or was in the same situation.

I got my Nomination last month and applied for PR in my homecountry now.

In April I am planing a 3 weeks trip to my homecountry. Do you know if it's ok to leave Canada while my PR application is at the CIC office and should I be fine to re entre Canada when I come back from vacation?

I also have a valid WP until September 2011.

I am just a little bit worried because a friend of mine got in trouble once when she left Canada and came back while PR in proces.. but she did the Family Sponsorship application.

Thanks for any answers.

neng826

May 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept. 30, 2011
Nomination.....
may 26, 2011
AOR Received.
july 25, 2011
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
oct. 08, 2011
Med's Done....
0ct. 31, 2011
Passport Req..
feb. 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 8. 2012
LANDED..........
april 7, 2012
Updates:

my employer received an email from AINP asking for additional information such as confirmation of employment, retention plan, paystubs, copy of new lmo, new contract.

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
echoes1978 said:
Is there any semi skilled occupation for AINP, for which is nor necessary to have previous experience (except those 6 months working in Alberta)??
Can anyone help me with this?

dodge_ram

Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
Nomination.....
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
May 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
Sept 2011
echoes1978 said:
Can anyone help me with this?
im not sure if there is. as far as i know, the minimum is 6 months for semi-skilled category. and now that the criteria have changed its becoming more and more difficult for the foreign workers to become a permanent resident. e.g. 4 accumulative yr policy, 3 yrs job exp(directly). :-(

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dodge_ram said:
im not sure if there is. as far as i know, the minimum is 6 months for semi-skilled category. and now that the criteria have changed its becoming more and more difficult for the foreign workers to become a permanent resident. e.g. 4 accumulative yr policy, 3 yrs job exp(directly). :-(
Yes, but if I have foreign experience in certain occupation (for example; forklift driver is in manufacturing category for AINP, so if I find a job as a forklift driver for 6 months, with my foreign license and experience, it should be ok, right?

dodge_ram

Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
Nomination.....
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
May 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
Sept 2011
Hey guys,

Been busy lately and finally got time to update my status. I recieved my medical request about 2 weeks ago. and now waiting for PPR (passport request).
The DMP ( designated medical practioner ) said they will forward the results ( i hope everything is fine ) the week after which is this week to Ottawa office.
I hope i get the passport request the soonest. this waiting time drives me nuts. i know i need to be patient. :)

Goodluck to y'all.

Pnay

Nov 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Nomination.....
December 2010
AOR Received.
17 march 2011
Med's Request
24 June 2011
Med's Done....
25 July 2011
Passport Req..
August 23, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2011
LANDED..........
October 15, 2011
dodge_ram said:
Hey guys,

Been busy lately and finally got time to update my status. I recieved my medical request about 2 weeks ago. and now waiting for PPR (passport request).
The DMP ( designated medical practioner ) said they will forward the results ( i hope everything is fine ) the week after which is this week to Ottawa office.
I hope i get the passport request the soonest. this waiting time drives me nuts. i know i need to be patient. :)

Goodluck to y'all.
Wow! You are almost done! Good luck and congratulations :) I am hoping to receive my medical request very soon. I submitted my documents to the embassy March 2011. When did u submit yours?

dodge_ram

Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
Nomination.....
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
May 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
Sept 2011
Pnay said:
Wow! You are almost done! Good luck and congratulations :) I am hoping to receive my medical request very soon. I submitted my documents to the embassy March 2011. When did u submit yours?
Thank you! I got a file number on Nov 2010, a week after i submitted my documents. The medical request was dated March 2011. But because canadian embassy-manila is using a snail mail, it took me about a month and a half to recieve it. (May 2011).

Goodluck Pnay! You'll get yours soon. :)

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
as of now application received by the Canadian Embassy Manila (CEM)

name: Application Documents Request Medical Medical
received AOR recieved - RPRF - Request Done

SMILING FACE October 2010 November 2010 Payment RPRF Nov.2010 MAY 6, 2011 MAY 9, 2011
DODGE_RAM October 2010 November 2010 Payment RPRF Nov.2010 MAY 9, 2011 MAY 19, 2011

BOTH E-CAS STATUS: STILL IN PROCESS............NOW WAITING FOR PASSPORT REQUEST. :D :D :D

cjoann_01

Jun 8, 2011
smiling face said:
hello shark267, it's still good that you received your candidate and employer number in just 2-months (usually processing time NOW for the assessment of notification is up to 3months).
NOW on your part, they are processing the assessment of candidate and employer applications and that is why they are asking you to send / submit some documents needed on your application (which probably NOT attached on the supporting documents they are requesting). If you have a photocopy of all docs. submitted in ther office you can review it again specially on the required documents.
Just accomplish all those documents requested then fax it to their office (ASAP) it's look like that they are now starting to assess your application which takes another 8 months to give an approval. TOTAL AINP SEMI=SKILLED PROCESSING TIMES = 11MONTHS.
SO FAR ONLY MAYBEYES and YOU are requesting to submit some documents....... JUST KEEP ON UPDATING................................
Hi there.In our case, my husband applied for Ainp-semi skilled category(employer stream) last february 17 but till now,there's no response even the file no.It's almost 4 months.what do we need to do now?can we follow up our application?or do we need to send again the application kit/documents to them...

cjoann_01

Jun 8, 2011
Hi there.Guys please give me an idea what to do in our application.my husband submitted his application for ainp semi skilled category last february 17 but till now there's no response even the file no.it was almost 4 months.my question is what do we need to do?can we follow up it by calling them?or do we need to send again new application kit?but i'm just thinking what happened to the one we submitted last february..we already track it at canada post and it said that thety receive it feb 17...please help us...

cjoann_01

Jun 8, 2011
smiling face said:
hello shark267, it's still good that you received your candidate and employer number in just 2-months (usually processing time NOW for the assessment of notification is up to 3months).
NOW on your part, they are processing the assessment of candidate and employer applications and that is why they are asking you to send / submit some documents needed on your application (which probably NOT attached on the supporting documents they are requesting). If you have a photocopy of all docs. submitted in ther office you can review it again specially on the required documents.
Just accomplish all those documents requested then fax it to their office (ASAP) it's look like that they are now starting to assess your application which takes another 8 months to give an approval. TOTAL AINP SEMI=SKILLED PROCESSING TIMES = 11MONTHS.
SO FAR ONLY MAYBEYES and YOU are requesting to submit some documents....... JUST KEEP ON UPDATING................................
pls

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
cjoan......

if your application fall under the semi-skilled category, mostly of our fellow applicants received their FILE NUMBER thru e-mail in just 3weeks time.

so, in your case i think you better call the AINP office to inform them that you submitted the application and reached to their office since feb.17 (question: did u send it thru expressposts or by registered mail to make sure that they really received your application package and to trace the tracking number).

you can get the phone number of AINP on their website albertaimmigration.com