May 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
Sept 2011
:D hey smiling face! thanks.

I am in the process of applying for my PR, does anyone know if i need to include the rcmp police clearance in my application.

goodluck everybody! i hope you get it soon.

keep on praying!

:-*

shark267

Jun 19, 2009
yes you should , i think it is mentioned in the PR GUIDE AINP sent you ,
and also if you are sending cheques canadian money to the embassy make both of the cheques payable to the " General receiver OF canada " , if you are payaing with the local currency where the canadian embassy is make it payable to '''the Embasssy of canada '''' .or call them to make sure
the second cheqeue of $490 they will request it later when they will send you file number + medical .
for me they requested to send them the 2nd cheque payable to the canadian embasdsy when i did , they emailed me saying i should have put general receiver of canada , what a losers .now i am waiting for the cheque to come back by post so that i go to the bank and change the name , this caused 1 month delay .

good luck fellows and congratulations for the nominees .

dodge_ram

Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
Nomination.....
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
May 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
Sept 2011
thanks shark! ;)

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smiling face said:
first thing: you must have a job offer here in canada and worked at least six months before you are eligible to apply for nomination in ALBERTA IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM. yes i'm here in canada and all applicants for the SEMI-SKILLED CATEGORIES are all working here in Alberta, specifically. So for now you can find this job thru the website of jobbank.ca under the Hotel Front Desk Clerk.
I understand this, but how can I get my self a temporary work permit if I dont have any work experience in semi skilled NOC categories? Is it possible to come to Canada to work for a 1 year period if I have a job offer from any NOC category or there are only specific categories which are eligible?

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
for details in applying for a provincial nominee program,

you must have a job offer in canada and work for at least six months before submitting your application

of nomination to the albertaimmigrantnomineepogram.ca or in any provinces of canada wherein you are

currently employed. « Please check the website for the guidelines and instructions.

Pnay

Nov 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Nomination.....
December 2010
AOR Received.
17 march 2011
Med's Request
24 June 2011
Med's Done....
25 July 2011
Passport Req..
August 23, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2011
LANDED..........
October 15, 2011
Hi everyone. I am new here. I would like to join this thread, too.

I applied for AINP through a lawyew that was contracted by my company. The lawyer submitted my papers February 22, 2010. The lawyer emailed me my File Num March 2010. Btw, I am a Food Counter Attendant.

No follow up or progress until now. Im getting desperate already because two of my colleagues are processing their requirements already considering that we applied at the same time.

win3

Nov 19, 2010
Hi everyone. I am new here. I would appreciate all the help I need. I am applying as a Hotel Front Desk clerk. According to the website, I have to be employed in Alberta for 6 months before I can be nominated. Does this mean I have to work for 6 months as front desk clerk before I can apply? Or I can apply as soon as I have the work permit since I have been here in Alberta for more than 1 year as a food counter attendant. (Unfortunately, there are others who came before me who will be applying for nomination). In the website, it just said that I should have a certificate, are there any other requirements that are needed? I am afraid I won't be nominated for lack of hotel-related experience. Please help. Thanks.

dodge_ram

Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
Nomination.....
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
May 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
Sept 2011
win3 said:
Hi everyone. I am new here. I would appreciate all the help I need. I am applying as a Hotel Front Desk clerk. According to the website, I have to be employed in Alberta for 6 months before I can be nominated. Does this mean I have to work for 6 months as front desk clerk before I can apply? Or I can apply as soon as I have the work permit since I have been here in Alberta for more than 1 year as a food counter attendant. (Unfortunately, there are others who came before me who will be applying for nomination). In the website, it just said that I should have a certificate, are there any other requirements that are needed? I am afraid I won't be nominated for lack of hotel-related experience. Please help. Thanks.

Hi win3! As far as I know, you should have been working for your hotel employer as a front desk clerk for at least 6 mos before you can apply for ainp. First, you have to pass Emerit and get ur certificate, so you have to familiarize and master your current job to pass. its a requirement to apply for ainp. Second, only 1 allocation per property per year is allowed
for front desk category so you would have to wait for ur turn. (yah, unfortunately.)

dodge_ram

Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
Nomination.....
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
May 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
Sept 2011
Pnay said:
Hi everyone. I am new here. I would like to join this thread, too.

I applied for AINP through a lawyew that was contracted by my company. The lawyer submitted my papers February 22, 2010. The lawyer emailed me my File Num March 2010. Btw, I am a Food Counter Attendant.

No follow up or progress until now. Im getting desperate already because two of my colleagues are processing their requirements already considering that we applied at the same time.
i think you can call ainp office when its beyond the processing times. Cause when i called them to make a follow-up on my application, they told me to call them back on my 11th month. Luckily, i recieved their letter before that. :)

goodluck fellows!

Pnay

Nov 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Nomination.....
December 2010
AOR Received.
17 march 2011
Med's Request
24 June 2011
Med's Done....
25 July 2011
Passport Req..
August 23, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 19, 2011
LANDED..........
October 15, 2011
Dodge Ram,

Thank you for your answer. Im actually giving myself until January 2011 to receive a letter from them. If not, I think I will call them to follow-up. Im just hesitant on that idea because I heard stories that if you call the AINP office, they are going to delay your application. Im not sure how true is that.

Btw, thank you again. I hope this thread will continue because this is actually a big help to the semi-skilled workers.

dodge_ram

Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2010
Nomination.....
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
May 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
Sept 2011
Pnay said:
Dodge Ram,

Thank you for your answer. Im actually giving myself until January 2011 to receive a letter from them. If not, I think I will call them to follow-up. Im just hesitant on that idea because I heard stories that if you call the AINP office, they are going to delay your application. Im not sure how true is that.

Btw, thank you again. I hope this thread will continue because this is actually a big help to the semi-skilled workers.
not a problem. special thanks to "smiling face" who created this thread. He has been a great help.

i dont think its true. coz mine didnt affect it anyway. lol. its up to you too. i know how it feels like to wait. been there done that.**sigh** we are still waiting for our medical request but this time its different, less stress than waiting for ainp.

Just be patient i guess, ull get it soon. Goodluck!

Banffitti

Sep 27, 2010
I am also waiting... ;-)

I just got a new LMO and Work Permit in September for another year. At the end everything worked out...

Now I wait for AINP.

I sent it April 23, 2010 and I got my File No. July 29,2010

Actually I have a question. Did anyone have a mistake in your Email you got with the File No.???
In mine were 2.
First they spelled my last name wrong. But at least they managed to spell it right in my email address and 2nd the date of when they received my application was stated March instead of April.

As long as everything works out at the end I dont mind the errors.

Cheers,
Banffitti