+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Semi Skilled applying for PR?

Discussion in 'Canadian Experience Class' started by zhalmaster, Sep 16, 2009.

  1. I'm a temporary semi-skilled worker,working here at Edmonton as a food counter attendant for almost a year now it my first time to work abroad and what a big privileged to work here in Canada ,my question for you guys is there any ways I can be eligible to apply for Permanent Residency here in Canada, since I'm not qualified for the skilled work, Canadian class experienced category and what makes it hard it is very difficult to be nominated for Provincial Nominee because competition among employee and plus my Bachelor Degree and my work experienced is irrelevant to each other? Life here in Canada is more better than the Philippines I want to give my family a better life, especially my daughter and the only way I can do that is to become a permanent resident, please sir/mam any word of advice from you?
  2. If you have enough points to apply as a skilled worker based on your education and skilled work experience from before you came to Canada, you can apply under category 3 after you have been in Canada for one year. Your occupation does not need to be on the most wanted list (that's category 1) and you don't need to have a skilled job offer (that's category 2).

    You can not apply under CEC as a food counter attendant.

    You could apply under PNP if the employer wants to sponsor you.

    You could try to find another job that is skilled, get an LMO for that and a new work permit because then you would be able to eventually apply under CEC.
  3. Thank you for the information,at least thats the best I can do for now..

Share This Page