+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Semester off

Feb 26, 2018
I have a question regarding taking summer semester off. I took summer semester off and stopped working. I was taking associate of arts program. I called cic before taking semester off. They said if it's unofficial you can't work. You should not be taking sem off more than 150days and you should be having 2 semester full before taking summer off.
If somebody can clarify me more.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I have a question regarding taking summer semester off. I took summer semester off and stopped working. I was taking associate of arts program. I called cic before taking semester off. They said if it's unofficial you can't work. You should not be taking sem off more than 150days and you should be having 2 semester full before taking summer off.
Why do you think any answer you get from here will supercede what CIC told you? You already heard directly from the horse's mouth :).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If it wasn't a scheduled break then you should not be working. Did you get approval from your school for the semester off? This will impact your PGWP as you are not full time unless it was your last semester.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Was the summer an actual scheduled break where all the other students also were not studying?