+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Selling on Amazon as visitor

Mel-Ann

Jul 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is unusual but I was wondering if I could sell on Amazon being on q visitor visa and I'm actually waiting for my PR? Would it be legal? Thank you in advance for your response!

Phantomchik

Feb 1, 2022
I don't find a reason why you should not be able to sell on Amazon. You don't need any legal documentation to sell, from what I know. As it is an International selling sire, nothing can happen to you, whether you are a citizen or hold a visa. My friend started selling https://www.amazon.com/smart-light-bulb-bulbs-color/dp/B0922Q43LY/ on Amazon without any documentation. As he was only reselling it, he didn't have any problems just like you. So don't worry about it. Don't even ask anyone else. As you are not a financial resident in Canada, nothing can happen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't find a reason why you should not be able to sell on Amazon. You don't need any legal documentation to sell, from what I know. As it is an International selling sire, nothing can happen to you, whether you are a citizen or hold a visa. My friend started selling https://www.amazon.com/smart-light-bulb-bulbs-color/dp/B0922Q43LY/ on Amazon without any documentation. As he was only reselling it, he didn't have any problems just like you. So don't worry about it. Don't even ask anyone else. As you are not a financial resident in Canada, nothing can happen.
If you are found to be working illegally there can be consequences. You may have difficulty visiting Canada in the future, your visa/permit can be cancelled, etc.

Jun 13, 2022
Basically, as soon as you're not a financial resident in Canada and you don't sell it to anyone in Canada, everything should be fine. My brother used to do the same thing, and he didn't have any issues with that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Basically, as soon as you're not a financial resident in Canada and you don't sell it to anyone in Canada, everything should be fine. My brother used to do the same thing, and he didn't have any issues with that.
You’d have to look into how Amazon is structured becauseAmazon has offices in Canada so yes that could be a problem. If Amason USand Amazon Canada are 2 separate entities with no connectios then you can sell on any Amazon that isn’t Canadian without selling to any Canadians. I have a hard time imagining there are no links between Amazon US and Amazon Canada but you’ll need to research this if you want to know if selling is possible as a visitor.