Self-employment reference letter from clients

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, as i work for my own company i am preparing the documents to prove the work experience, i found that i need:

1. Business/company registration documents.
2. Proof of business conducted with clients (invoices, bills, client references).
3. Balance sheets.
4. Income tax returns.

Everything is clear, but i am confuse with the client references.

Do the references explain the work, hours, payment my company was doing? or i have to include my name also?

For example:
"Company A" was doing social media marketing for "Our company" since 1 January 2015 to 1 June 2016, 20 hours/week and a monthy fee of 1000$.
I should specify my name or "Company A" is enough?

I am self employed but no freelancer, i have my own company where i own the 50% shares.
Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IgnacioValls said:
Hello, as i work for my own company i am preparing the documents to prove the work experience, i found that i need:

1. Business/company registration documents.
2. Proof of business conducted with clients (invoices, bills, client references).
3. Balance sheets.
4. Income tax returns.

Everything is clear, but i am confuse with the client references.

Do the references explain the work, hours, payment my company was doing? or i have to include my name also?

For example:
"Company A" was doing social media marketing for "Our company" since 1 January 2015 to 1 June 2016, 20 hours/week and a monthy fee of 1000$.
I should specify my name or "Company A" is enough?

I am self employed but no freelancer, i have my own company where i own the 50% shares.
Thanks
It should definitely have your name, imo.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
It should definitely have your name, imo.
I guess, but the client hire my company, not me. Maybe include "name" from "company name" has been..

But not sure about it.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IgnacioValls said:
I guess, but the client hire my company, not me. Maybe include "name" from "company name" has been..

But not sure about it.
If the letter just says "Company A", then you need to prove that it was you who did the work, not the person who owns the other 50% of shares.

"name" from "Company A" would be okay, I think.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
If the letter just says "Company A", then you need to prove that it was you who did the work, not the person who owns the other 50% of shares.

"name" from "Company A" would be okay, I think.
I guess is the best, anyway lets see if somebody has experience with it.

Well actually i am the only worker, my other partner is only investor, he has other job, i am the company administrator.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IgnacioValls said:
I guess is the best, anyway lets see if somebody has experience with it.

Well actually i am the only worker, my other partner is only investor, he has other job, i am the company administrator.
If you're the only employee at the company, and you can prove that, you should be fine.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
If you're the only employee at the company, and you can prove that, you should be fine.
Thanks istari. How about the months before got the first client?

I got my first client 3 months after the business was registered, but during this 3 months i was working in the company (Designing our website, branding, social media and other promotion practices), but not paid of course as i was working for my own company.

Can i count this on my work experience? Or i only can start to count the experience since i got my first client (30 hours/week)?

Thank you

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IgnacioValls said:
Thanks istari. How about the months before got the first client?

I got my first client 3 months after the business was registered, but during this 3 months i was working in the company (Designing our website, branding, social media and other promotion practices), but not paid of course as i was working for my own company.

Can i count this on my work experience? Or i only can start to count the experience since i got my first client (30 hours/week)?

Thank you
I honestly have no idea, sorry.