+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self- Employment Question

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hi all,

I have a degree in Business Information Systems from a top university in Ireland and am currently on a 1 year work visa in Canada. I have a total of 9 months work experience as a web designer but have much more experience in this area on a cash in hand basis. Do you think there is any possibility that the Canada government would grant me a work visa as a self-employed individual based on this amount of official work experience in this area? My current work visa has only a couple of months left and I really want to stay in Vancouver. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

derbeast said:
Hi all,

I have a degree in Business Information Systems from a top university in Ireland and am currently on a 1 year work visa in Canada. I have a total of 9 months work experience in this field but have much more experience in this area on a cash in hand basis. Do you think there is any possibility that the Canada government would grant me a work visa as a self-employed individual based on this amount of official work experience in this area? My current work visa has only a couple of months left and I really want to stay in Vancouver. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D
Pretty well not a chance for self employed work permit. Find an employer that is willing to hire you and apply for a Labour Market Opinion, and if approved you apply for a new work permit.

PMM