+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self- Employed

Benjamincubix

Dec 10, 2019
I am wondering if there is approval timeline that can be share as I don't seem to see positive post of approval recently for Self-Employed Visa. I read about lots of timeline and approval in the past thread.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I am wondering if there is approval timeline that can be share as I don't seem to see positive post of approval recently for Self-Employed Visa. I read about lots of timeline and approval in the past thread.
1. The average posted processing time is 21 months.

Rounakm12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2018
Hi,

I am here in Canada on an open work permit. Can anyone please help by answering are we allowed to open a company( incorporation for hourly basis job) in Canada on a work permit?

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
apparently it does work but it takes an eternity compared to EE, CE or PNP... If you qualify for something else that's a lot quicker then jump on that so you don't go mad waiting for this!

Reactions: Vicksy and pourlaco

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
apparently it does work but it takes an eternity compared to EE, CE or PNP... If you qualify for something else that's a lot quicker then jump on that so you don't go mad waiting for this!
Is it SE category on your profile? Not so bad I must say. Planning to apply through SE path as freelance translator.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Yeah, it's the Federal Self Employed route. If you're able to take a quicker route, I'd take it! (sorry for the slow reply, been a bit busy of late and with no movement on the visa front I've not been on here much...)

adnanhsiddiqui

May 31, 2015
Yeah, it's the Federal Self Employed route. If you're able to take a quicker route, I'd take it! (sorry for the slow reply, been a bit busy of late and with no movement on the visa front I've not been on here much...)
Hi , congrats on your success. Can u please confirm if a business plan is required for SE stream or not? Regards

MinhAnh

Dec 16, 2020
Hi all

I submitted my self employed application in late Jan 2020. Since then I havent heard anything. No receipt, no ID... nothing. Is it normal or not please?

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi

1. The average posted processing time is 21 months.
Does the processing time for the Self Employed starts from the date the application is received in Nova Scoia? Or it starts from the date of AoR?

MinhAnh

Dec 16, 2020
Do they provide a code or receipt after receipt of the application? I submitted 10 months already but received nothing

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi all

I submitted my self employed application in late Jan 2020. Since then I havent heard anything. No receipt, no ID... nothing. Is it normal or not please?
Actually, other applicants on this forum from the Jan batch received their AoR, but for the applicants like me ( March) didn't receive yet any response.

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Do they provide a code or receipt after receipt of the application? I submitted 10 months already but received nothing
You will receive an e mail for Acknowledgement of Receive ( AoR).
I will close the 9 months by the end of Dec.