+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-employed?

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I need advice on this matter if anyone could shed some light, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

I went to this agent and he is saying that I should put "self-employed" under employment. I am not working right now. He says that since I manage my father's finances and agricultural property so it's best to put as self-employed rather than unemployed. I am thinking that if I put self-employed then would not I have to show proofs such as agricultural income etc? My father hires people to take care of the land so there is no official papers for income from it. In fact, its not taxable income so I wanted to know whether it's okay to put self-employed or not.

Thanks.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
jkjk11 said:
Hi all,

I need advice on this matter if anyone could shed some light, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

I went to this agent and he is saying that I should put "self-employed" under employment. I am not working right now. He says that since I manage my father's finances and agricultural property so it's best to put as self-employed rather than unemployed. I am thinking that if I put self-employed then would not I have to show proofs such as agricultural income etc? My father hires people to take care of the land so there is no official papers for income from it. In fact, its not taxable income so I wanted to know whether it's okay to put self-employed or not.

Thanks.
It is not OK to lie.

If you are self employed, then write that down.

R425

Mar 11, 2013
Hi All:
Hope you can guide me on this. Thanks in advance.
We landed in April 2013. And while in Canada, I was engaged with a company in the Middle East as a full-time employee. They did not terminate my contract and instead, offered me to continue working with them until July 2014, when I decided to experience working in the Canadian market.
Question: From April 2013 to July 2015, will that be considered as Self-Employed? I'm worried that it will get rejected if I put "permanent or full time" under the Name of contract on my application for Citizenship.
Thank-you