+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

self employed work expirience

kernowkid

Aug 27, 2010
Hi all,

I have been looking for enlightenment concerning what's the definition of self employed work experience. My work over the last 5 years has been made up of a mixture of short term contracts (where my tax is payed by my employer) and work where I submit a tax return.

I consider myself as a self employed sole trader but will these short term contracts be counted in my self employed visa application?

Thank for any forthcoming enlightenment

K

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
traders are not accepted for self employed immigration. check the Canadian immigration website for which professions are accepted. (cultural and farm managment)

H

Helmy8000

Hi All,

If you you are here on a work permit, is it possible to change your status to business class (self- employed)?

If yes, how would you do that?

I will very much appreciate your input.

Thank you very much in advance for your helpful replies.

jesonmark

Mar 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi The Self Employed Work Experience consisting lots of points which you are mentioning but not in the correct way.. You have to care about lots of things like your duration, Whats are your market reputation, The value of your product and services in the market you are selling, Satisfied customers feedback, Tax Pay time to time etc. You have to mention these all points in your experience..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

binshah

Jul 6, 2011
ihabkal said:
traders are not accepted for self employed immigration. check the Canadian immigration website for which professions are accepted. (cultural and farm managment)

i suppose quebec accepts propsals for self - employed from traders and business peoples too

AngelaElmer

Jul 8, 2011
200 RAWHIDE ST WAXAHACHIE TX 75165
NOC Code......
Clinical Charge Auditor
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suppose to get this documents is somewhat tough. I have an experience of 15yrs in my own company. I am planing to go US for official work but still this post will really help me to collect important documents.

brineclark

Sep 6, 2011
Hi everyone. New here...really like this board.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone here who can tell me how self-employment is looked upon in job experience on a resume. (Tony?...)

I haven't worked for anyone else since 1991, when I quit to get my BA. I ran our own property management biz during that time and beyond, ran a successful eBay business and a few minor things.

I don't know if I will be perceived negatively because I have been out of the work force for so long (even though I have taken course work to get my skills current.)

Thanks! :)