Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Hello all,

I'm currently working for an American based business as an independent contractor. It's an online job and I have signed a business contract which is valid for 1 year.
Do I qualify as a self-employed individual as I don't have a business name. I send invoices and they wire transfer payments to my bank account. I have bank certificates of the payments I have received in the form of remittance. I also have all the invoices that are sent out to finance which also include work hours.
What necessary documents should I upload to prove that I'm self-employed and qualify for the work experience? I can also get a written letter from my immediate supervisor but I don't know if that's important at this stage.

wleikein

Feb 21, 2020
Hello all,

I'm currently working for an American based business as an independent contractor. It's an online job and I have signed a business contract which is valid for 1 year.
Do I qualify as a self-employed individual as I don't have a business name. I send invoices and they wire transfer payments to my bank account. I have bank certificates of the payments I have roadtunner email received in the form of remittance. I also have all the invoices that are sent out to finance which also include work hours.
What necessary documents should I upload to prove that I'm self-employed and qualify for the work experience? I can also get a written letter from my immediate supervisor but I don't know if that's important at this stage.
I am also looking for the same solution.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I am looking for the same answer as I am in an exact situation. Did you find any answers?
So as far as my case goes, I submitted documents such as my contract, letter from my boss and certificates to prove the payments I received.However when I checked my gcms notes, I found that this experience was completely ignored.This was perhaps my foreign work experience at traditional jobs was still 3+ years so they didn’t bother to review my self emoloyed experience.

Reactions: mariee81

mariee81

Aug 5, 2020
So as far as my case goes, I submitted documents such as my contract, letter from my boss and certificates to prove the payments I received.However when I checked my gcms notes, I found that this experience was completely ignored.This was perhaps my foreign work experience at traditional jobs was still 3+ years so they didn’t bother to review my self emoloyed experience.
Thank you very much for the reply. I have a similar situation, I already have a regular employment experience of 4+ years. But still adding this self employed experience as I have the documentation.

Can you be a life saver and let me know one last thing.
What should I fill as the 'Employer/Company name' in the EE form for this particular experience.
I worked as an independent contractor for a single company.

Thank you in advance!

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Thank you very much for the reply. I have a similar situation, I already have a regular employment experience of 4+ years. But still adding this self employed experience as I have the documentation.

Can you be a life saver and let me know one last thing.
What should I fill as the 'Employer/Company name' in the EE form for this particular experience.
I worked as an independent contractor for a single company.

Thank you in advance!
You should write the name of the company you're contracted with if it's the same name reflected on the invoices and your contract.