+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Work Experience in India - Meaning of "Third Party Individuals".

sky2k16

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2017
**** Modified to accurately represent my case ****

Hello Everyone,

I declared close to 2 years of self employed work experience in India on my Express Entry profile. I received an ITA and currently in the process of securing the necessary documents that needs to be uploaded to my Express Entry Profile.

In order to prove my self-employed work experience, I need to get a letter from "Third Party Individuals" indicating the service provided along with payment details (as mentioned below). My question is:

What does CIC mean by 'Third-party individuals' ? : Are they my clients or legal or audit firms (or individuals) that would evaluate my case and let CIC know that I have genuine work experience through a written testimony?

The following is from CIC website under Proof of Work Experience

"if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience)"

Thanks a lot!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Re: Self-Employed Work Experience in India - Looking for "Third Party Individuals"

What is your question?

You are self employed so you get the customers you have worked for to write you letters. Not just a random company.

Unless you AREN'T self employed and you are lying.

sky2k16

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2017
Re: Self-Employed Work Experience in India - Looking for "Third Party Individuals"

If you have no good to say, better keep your mouth shut! No one insisted or invited you to reply.

The are third party individuals, such as lawyers that would provide a legal testimony and and I was expecting someone living in India under similar situation could provide such info. Your arrogant rear need not worry about me faking stuff. It is CIC's job.
kryt0n said:
What the hell is your question?

You are self employed so you get the customers you have worked for to write you letters. Not just a random company.

Unless you AREN'T self employed and you are lying.

sky2k16

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2017
dan_and:

Mate, thanks for your reply.

I understand your point. I already have a client (major consulting firm in USA) letter for the company that I worked as an independent contractor and it indicated all of my roles and responsibilities, pay rate, and duration of work and details of the person who I submitted my consulting work to (direct supervisor) etc. Pardon me for my jargon.

The word "Third-party" is confusing. It could mean my client or a legal firm that would VERIFY all the documents such as my invoices, remittance statement, etc. and provide a LEGAL testimony acknowledging genuineness of my documents. (I had to do this for my USA visa earlier).

I travelled to several countries, for both personal and professional reasons, and I know the risk of faking stuff. Thanks though for your caution! :)

I am SURE that people in CIC would conduct necessary background checks before they approve applications and I want to maintain crystal clear documentation and therefore, I asked this question.!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017

sky2k16 said:
If you have no good to say, better keep your mouth shut! No one insisted or invited you to reply.

The are third party individuals, such as lawyers that would provide a legal testimony and and I was expecting someone living in India under similar situation could provide such info. Your arrogant rear need not worry about me faking stuff. It is CIC's job.
Me thinks he doth protest too much!

Fyi dan_and and I posted the exact same question and point.

Canada want your customers testimonies. Is that a good enough explaination?

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
sky2k16 said:
The word "Third-party" is confusing. It could mean my client or a legal firm that would VERIFY all the documents such as my invoices, remittance statement, etc. and provide a LEGAL testimony acknowledging genuineness of my documents. (I had to do this for my USA visa earlier).

I travelled to several countries, for both personal and professional reasons, and I know the risk of faking stuff. Thanks though for your caution! :)

I am SURE that people in CIC would conduct necessary background checks before they approve applications and I want to maintain crystal clear documentation and therefore, I asked this question.!
"Third-party" should mean your clients or any other parties that you have Traded with. It almost sounds like you have worked for a company before, but not self-employed?

If they were talking about verification, CIC would have used the words "notarized document".

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
CIC/IRCC could be looking for document that originated from your trading partners/parties, ie. contracts. Logically, your trading partners should have their own copies of the contracts/invoices that you have/had with them.

I think you need to provide your copies, and be prepared to have their copies as well.

As other users have said, the Government of Canada would pay close attention on your application, there may be many doubts and delays ahead of you. Good Luck.

sky2k16

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2017
**** Modified it to accurately represent my case ****

I probably sounded so because it was not a business based on selling material things. I sold service.. I offered my services as an independent contractor for a company and the work is based on proof reading case documents, performing engineering work (from my residence in India) and suggesting solutions. Appreciate your reply!

Looks like client's reference letter is all I need! :) Thanks!

cococly said:
"Third-party" should mean your clients or any other parties that you have Traded with. It almost sounds like you have worked for a company before, but not self-employed?

If they were talking about verification, CIC would have used the words "notarized document".

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sky2k16 said:
I probably sounded so because it was not a trade. I worked as an engineering consultant for a company and provided services based on proof reading case documents, performing engineering work (from my residence in India) and suggesting solutions. Appreciate your reply!

Looks like client's reference letter is all I need! :) Thanks!
So you were employed as a contractor? Not owned your own business?

sky2k16

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2017
This post of yours helps a lot!

cococly said:
CIC/IRCC could be looking for document that originated from your trading partners/parties, ie. contracts. Logically, your trading partners should have their own copies of the contracts/invoices that you have/had with them.

I think you need to provide your copies, and be prepared to have their copies as well.

As other users have said, the Government of Canada would pay close attention on your application, there may be many doubts and delays ahead of you. Good Luck.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
sky2k16 said:
I worked as an engineering consultant for a company and provided services based on proof reading case documents
Based on what you have said since post#1, I think that you might not have been self-employed. You have worked for a company.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
cococly said:
Based on what you have said since post#1, I think that you might not have been self-employed. You have worked for a company.

Did you get paid by a company, or did the clients pay directly to you? Did you pay taxes as self employed?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Can someone else ask this guy because I don't believe he's going to answer me.

sky2k16

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2017
Pardon me for not being to accurately describe my situation through technical jargon. This makes me think that I most certainly need to talk a lawyer and the chartered accountant that helped me with last year's tax so that I am prepared for any questions or comments from CIC.

I submited an invoice at the end of every month and the client paid me on the basis on the hours that I spent the the project. There was no employer - employee relationship what so ever. I signed a contract with the company to work for a certain period and at a certain hourly rate.

When I mentioned "I worked as an engineering consultant for a company", I meant it not as a full time worker but as contractor. The company did not hold taxes as I am a contractor and I paid for taxes myself.

Thanks!

cococly said:

sky2k16

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2017
Not here for satirical and/or arrogant answers, kryt0n. You better not waste my time as well as yours. Thanks for your attention!

kryt0n said:
Can someone else ask this guy because I don't believe he's going to answer me.