+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-employed visa for Translators

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
Hi, I have translated a few books from English to Persian Language.

In CIC website about getting self-employed visa, it is written:

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/Profile.aspx?val=5&val1=5125

Main duties
Translators and translator-revisers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Translate a variety of written material such as correspondence, reports, legal documents, technical specifications and textbooks from one language to another, maintaining the content, context and style of the original material to the greatest extent possible
Employment requirements
  • A university degree in translation with a specialization in translation, interpretation or terminology in two languages including at least one of the two official languages or A university degree in a related discipline such as languages, linguistics, philology and courses in linguistic transfer and two years' experience as a full-time translator working in two languages, at least one of which is an official language or Five years of experience as a full-time translator working in two languages, at least one of which is an official language, are required.

Now, I need to know if as a translator I stand any chance of getting Self-employed visa? It is not mentioned that how many books i should have translated in order to be eligible for this visa,

If anyone has information regarding this, I would appreciate that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's possible if translation is your full time job / profession and you have been making a living from being a translator for many years (and can prove this through employment records, tax returns, etc.). If you have simply translated a few books but this isn't what you do for a living - then you won't qualify.

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Any suggestion of how much money would we have to prove other than the settlement fund? Any rough suggestion?