+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self employed visa best route and processing times

Discussion in 'Business Immigration' started by taracauc, Aug 4, 2015.

  1. I'm a Canadian woman in the UK who would like to move back to Canada with my partner. For various reasons we've only just started living together so it will be a year before we can apply as common law. My question is what is the fastest way through the system?

    • Should he apply for self employed visa (20 years experience in film and television at a world class level)
      Express Entry with a score in the low 400s
      Wait until we are common - law and apply for sponsorship

    He will be able to work self employed immediately if that is any help. If we went that route would he need to apply through the London office (60 month wait atm) or could he send his application to Ottawa and be processed there?

    Thanks in advance
  2. Go the common law route. Or get married and apply immediately.

    I would forget about self-employed - it just takes way too long to process (his file would be processed through London).

Share This Page