+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-employed: supporting documents must be translated?

DanielFragaBR

Jan 18, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those applying under the "Federal Self-employed" process, I understand the candidate must pay a sworn translator to translate the supporting documents, right?

I'm referring to the following:

"Relevant experience
Proof of your relevant experience during the five years before application submission in one of the following three areas:

• Cultural activities (self-employment or participation at a world class level); Copies
• Athletics (self-employment or participation at a world class level); or
• Management of a farm.

Note: The onus is on you to produce documentation to support your experience in one of these areas."

So those documents should be sent translated, right?

Mikediwan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21st 2015
AOR Received.
June 8th 2015
IELTS Request
January 21st 2016
File Transfer...
CSQ Received June 6th 2016
Med's Request
February 24th 2016
Interview........
Waved
DanielFragaBR said:
For those applying under the "Federal Self-employed" process, I understand the candidate must pay a sworn translator to translate the supporting documents, right?

I'm referring to the following:

"Relevant experience
Proof of your relevant experience during the five years before application submission in one of the following three areas:

• Cultural activities (self-employment or participation at a world class level); Copies
• Athletics (self-employment or participation at a world class level); or
• Management of a farm.

Note: The onus is on you to produce documentation to support your experience in one of these areas."

So those documents should be sent translated, right?
Hi they should be translated from a sworn translator and then sent to your country's foreign ministry to be approved.
I applied for Quebec self employed in 2015 and the new regulations were as mentioned above.

Good luck

DanielFragaBR

Jan 18, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mikediwan said:
Hi they should be translated from a sworn translator and then sent to your country's foreign ministry to be approved.
I applied for Quebec self employed in 2015 and the new regulations were as mentioned above.

Good luck
To my country's foreign ministry??? But I'm not applying for Quebec. So I think there's a difference, right?

DaleBannerman

Feb 23, 2016
A friend of mine migrated to another country and had to get a number of documents translated under the norms and conditions of the law in the country. He searched for the translator online .

Mikediwan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21st 2015
AOR Received.
June 8th 2015
IELTS Request
January 21st 2016
File Transfer...
CSQ Received June 6th 2016
Med's Request
February 24th 2016
Interview........
Waved
DanielFragaBR said:
To my country's foreign ministry??? But I'm not applying for Quebec. So I think there's a difference, right?
there might be a difference but i don't know for sure, it is best you get a consultant to advice you

Jan 1, 2017
DanielFragaBR said:
Hello
I would like to ask you abou Cultural activities.. Can I apply because iam a journalist i had 5 years experience (full time) in a journalism??? .. I heard i can't apply because i worked full time .. But if i was working freelance i can.. That's weird