+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Query and Photo specification for PR renewal application ?

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Guys, I am applying to renew my PR card, wanted to ask a couple of questions before submitting an application to renew the PR Card:

1) I was self employed for the past three years, as a Financial Consultant, which clients hire you for a period in which you pay HST. Regarding the employment history, Do we Mention each company which hired me to do the work and the duration of the work and then fill the gaps between each contract with by wiring unemployed ?

2) Regarding the photo to submit for renewing the PR Card. In the guidelines you are required to write your name and the date of birth. I have a first name consists of 4 names, followed by a last name. If I am writing the name down on the back of the photo, is it possible to just write the first and last name (i.e assuming given name : Mahmoud Omar Ahmed Said , last name: Eltouny. Shall I just write Mahmoud Eltouny, or do I have to write Mahmoud Omar Ahmed Said Eltouny ?

Thanks everyone for trying to help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys, I am applying to renew my PR card, wanted to ask a couple of questions before submitting an application to renew the PR Card:

1) I was self employed for the past three years, as a Financial Consultant, which clients hire you for a period in which you pay HST. Regarding the employment history, Do we Mention each company which hired me to do the work and the duration of the work and then fill the gaps between each contract with by wiring unemployed ?

2) Regarding the photo to submit for renewing the PR Card. In the guidelines you are required to write your name and the date of birth. I have a first name consists of 4 names, followed by a last name. If I am writing the name down on the back of the photo, is it possible to just write the first and last name (i.e assuming given name : Mahmoud Omar Ahmed Said , last name: Eltouny. Shall I just write Mahmoud Eltouny, or do I have to write Mahmoud Omar Ahmed Said Eltouny ?

Thanks everyone for trying to help
You are self-employed. Whatever name yo7 use to file your taxes. Assume you have a business as a financial consultant.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
You are self-employed. Whatever name yo7 use to file your taxes. Assume you have a business as a financial consultant.
Thank you, it's just that sometimes it takes me more than a year to get a new contract, so the self employment business was there, but it was not generating revenues for the period, so didn't want them to check my tax filing for a specific year, in which they would find absence of income. Then they would wonder, how come you're self employed :)