+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Professionals... seeking opportunity in Canada

paramveerz

Aug 7, 2019
Gurgaon
Hi,
I'm Param. I've been looking around for tips and advice on how to get a job which fits my credentials and would appreciate every help possible here as I do not have a clue about the provinces and still in the starting stage of express entry.

I'm a Wedding Photographer and run my own company. I have a masters degree in Journalism and Communication and looking forward to hunt for a job that fits the same stream.

I have the following questions at the moment :

1. Will Canada consider my 5 year of experience ( since I started my business ) via my bank statements as in my country ( India ) we need not charge tax till we have surpassed a threshold amount of Rs. 40,00,000. Hence I did not take a GST registration. Although, I do have my bank statements dating from 2015 and a Service Tax number which was later surrendered due to not reaching the threshold amount.
I hoping it does because that will impact my score.

2. When we talk about media and photography, which areas are preferable to keep on a priority list ?

3. My Facebook, Instagram accounts were all started in 2014 but current bank account was created in 2015. Will they count it as a 5 year or a 4 year experience ( assuming they will consider it ).

Thank you for your kindly help.. hope this thread helps other self employed professionals too.