+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed, Please Connect

Sunnyvaswani

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Confused !! you guys are self employed in the profession that mainly provides services however i own a business and my business involves supplying different commodities to different customers, my NOC code is related to accounting work.

My qualification is related to accounting and finance and have worked for 2.5 years in accounts department of a well known multinational corporate. i am in business since more than a year now .

Being the owner of the business my responsibilities includes managing finances, planning payments, preparing accounts, making business deals with suppliers and customers.

Can i show this kind of self employment experience in EE profile ??

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Sunnyvaswani said:
Confused !! you guys are self employed in the profession that mainly provides services however i own a business and my business involves supplying different commodities to different customers, my NOC code is related to accounting work.

My qualification is related to accounting and finance and have worked for 2.5 years in accounts department of a well known multinational corporate. i am in business since more than a year now .

Being the owner of the business my responsibilities includes managing finances, planning payments, preparing accounts, making business deals with suppliers and customers.

Can i show this kind of self employment experience in EE profile ??
The answer in one word is YES. You can show that BUT the question is you need to start researching well that which NOC will comes the closest to your day-to-day working area.

Like for example, my work mainly involve advertising BUT those advertising are in the form of editorials (sponsored posts), so this take the whole thing to new NOC i.e. Journalists (thing) while earlier I am proposing (or better say deciding) on to choose NOC 0124 i.e. advertising and marketing.
No doubt I do advertising for my clients BUT at the end of the day, the whole work concludes toward writing editorials showcasing clients offerings (the form of advertising).

Hope this helps.
K

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Hi Guys, I was looking to start a new self employed thread but found this one. Let's make it alive again. I am not self employed, but I have to prove my eligibility for a job I did 4 years back without bank statements, pay stubs and tax return. I am lucky to have reference letters from employer and from clients. Anyone in the same boat or have successfully gotten their PR, please share your stories and tips to help. Thank you

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Hello,

I am self employed for last 4 years. Own a trading and wholesale business. Total work experience of 7+ years. Quit my job as a Sales Manager in 2014 and started this business. CLB 9, MBA + BE, and my calculation of CRS is 454. What are the chances to get PNP or direct EE ITA, provided I am a business owner now.

Also, I have decided to choose 0621, as my NOC, as it matches the most with my current work and nature of business.

I have all the necessary documents to prove that I am owner and running the business, (GST registration, Invoices, CA audit report, ITR, bank account, CC limit etc)

What else?
What are the chances of getting through?

Cheers
AB

mikemax

Aug 5, 2018
Hello,

I am self employed for last 4 years. Own a trading and wholesale business. Total work experience of 7+ years. Quit my job as a Sales Manager in 2014 and started this business. CLB 9, MBA + BE, and my calculation of CRS is 454. What are the chances to get PNP or direct EE ITA, provided I am a business owner now.

Also, I have decided to choose 0621, as my NOC, as it matches the most with my current work and nature of business.

I have all the necessary documents to prove that I am owner and running the business, (GST registration, Invoices, CA audit report, ITR, bank account, CC limit etc)

What else?
What are the chances of getting through?

Cheers
AB

------------

Hello,
In my case i am co-applicant and my + wife(Primary Applicant is salaried) cumulative score is 457. I am wondering if i should show myself as self employed or salaried.
In my IT company i hold 15% shares and there are 5 other directors and 50 employees, I withdraw salary every month along with other employees and work as head of business development.

I am unsure how to take my case forward, as i get Form 16, Salary slips etc and i am also the director of the same pvt ltd company.

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
------------

Hello,
In my case i am co-applicant and my + wife(Primary Applicant is salaried) cumulative score is 457. I am wondering if i should show myself as self employed or salaried.
In my IT company i hold 15% shares and there are 5 other directors and 50 employees, I withdraw salary every month along with other employees and work as head of business development.

I am unsure how to take my case forward, as i get Form 16, Salary slips etc and i am also the director of the same pvt ltd company.
You could show yourself as an employee if you withdraw salary.

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Hi Guys, I was looking to start a new self employed thread but found this one. Let's make it alive again. I am not self employed, but I have to prove my eligibility for a job I did 4 years back without bank statements, pay stubs and tax return. I am lucky to have reference letters from employer and from clients. Anyone in the same boat or have successfully gotten their PR, please share your stories and tips to help. Thank you

Ask Kunal to add you guys in the whatsapp group for Self employed experience people under EE.

+918779619704 This is kunal's nmber

manan66

Dec 28, 2018
Hello all,

I have 3 years work experience in a different country and i was the director of the company. For the purpose of proof of work experience i can provide :-
1)Company registration documents
2) proof of visa (resident permit) and entry stamps to the country.

as of salary i was paid in cash (and i have paid tax of only 1 year, i have that proof)... there is no proof of bank statement for the salary only cash pay slips.

as per what i have read in the forum there is requirement of letter of reference from clients, with transaction details and payment proof, but i am unable to arrange those documents.
and my work experience is from 2014 to 2017.

will a reference letter from my bank manager be of any use in this case? to prove i was their client for 3 years..

I also have office rental documents.

Will company registration and visa and entry stamps, rental document.. be enough proof for express entry?

Thankyou

Manan.

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Hello all,

I have 3 years work experience in a different country and i was the director of the company. For the purpose of proof of work experience i can provide :-
1)Company registration documents
2) proof of visa (resident permit) and entry stamps to the country.

as of salary i was paid in cash (and i have paid tax of only 1 year, i have that proof)... there is no proof of bank statement for the salary only cash pay slips.

as per what i have read in the forum there is requirement of letter of reference from clients, with transaction details and payment proof, but i am unable to arrange those documents.
and my work experience is from 2014 to 2017.

will a reference letter from my bank manager be of any use in this case? to prove i was their client for 3 years..

I also have office rental documents.

Will company registration and visa and entry stamps, rental document.. be enough proof for express entry?

Thankyou

Manan.

Hey Manan,

I have sent a link via PM to you.

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hello all,

I plan to take this self employed pathway as freelance translator. I've worked as freelance translator for the last 12 years and have all PO, contracts, paypal payment proof, bank statement. However, freelancers are not taxed in my country. Would it be a problem if I don't have the tax return?