+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Persons Class Q

aleksandarm

Jul 27, 2012
I recently begun obtaining information on how to go back to Canada. I finished elementary school and high school in Niagara Falls (1999-2005) but was forced to come back to my home country due to my mothers illness and some other family issues.I was issued a td in 2008 but failed to use.I was looking into ways to obtain a td again on h and c grounds and although i have all documentation to prove i had no possible way of coming to Canada in the last 7 years, im thinking visa office will not approve it. My second issue with going this way is that i got married and there is no possible way of my wife going with me in this case.

Now, in 2006 i started a buisness here (gym).I looked into getting a self emplyed visa (one of the ways that i can come to Canda with my wife-as dependant) but im just not that sceptical about it. There seems to be a long waiting period and nothing guarantees me that after i pay almost 2000 cdn i will recive that visa. I participated in world class sports and i have all the proof so it not the matter of fraud but i feel my concerns are in place. Assets are also not my issue and family ties in Canada since my step-mother and younger brother are in Canada.

I contacted a lawyer in Canada who told me that td based on h and c grounds in my case will be hard to prove and appeal in case they reject me can take up to 2 years to proccess. Bassicly im asking some of you more experianced on this forum to give me some guidence on this matter. Should i apply for a td, go to Canada, wait for 2 years, then sponsor my wife or should i apply throught a self employed (or other) program with her as my dependent and go abou it that way ? :)

Thank You in advance and sorry for a longer post!