+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self employed person , Seniors please help

tocanada67

Feb 12, 2011
Hi to everyone ,
I hope to immigrate to Canada as a self employed person and I'm waiting to submit my application because I want to accumulate more work experience .
Now when I was looking at the CIC site I found some changes and I hope you can help me understand .
1) They now say that " Canada admits a limited number of self-employed persons as new permanent residents each year " , does this mean there is a maximum number ? Is this number lower than the normally accepted self employed persons ? Does this mean they will accept only the best ones ?
2) They also say that " all applicants to the Federal Self-Employed Persons Class must send their application to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Also, as of this date, simplified application forms will no longer be accepted. You must use the regular application process."
Does this mean they will process the applications directly in Canada or will they send them back to the countries of provenance of the applicant ?
3) I think and fear there will be other changes to this class , does anyone have a guess about what it could be and when it will happen ?
I thank everyone so much for reading this and will be very grateful for answers , I hope so much the changes will not stop my immigration , but I'm worried ....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tocanada67 said:
Hi to everyone ,
I hope to immigrate to Canada as a self employed person and I'm waiting to submit my application because I want to accumulate more work experience .
Now when I was looking at the CIC site I found some changes and I hope you can help me understand .
Please take a few minutes to read through the CIC site to see which occupations qualify for the self employed immigration category. Based on the information provided in your previous posts - it does not sound like your occupation qualifies. More information here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/self-employed/apply-who.asp#experience

tocanada67

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks for the information and the fast and nice answer , when I wrote that I want more work experience I intended in a listed occupation for self employed persons . My problem is about the changes and about the doubts I wrote about in my first post

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
the self employed category is reserved for people who are the best in their field, there are thousands of self employed applications that are unprocessed in various visa offices, and they used to admit 300 self employed persons every year and because of underserving people who don't qualify for anything so they apply as self employed CIC started admitting 50 or less each year, and stopped processing of self employed applications in most visa offices even though they don't advertise that fact.
From your posts I don't see any hope for you to be one of the best of the best in any field, this category is not for you. you don't even want to describe what you do to me so that I can help you, how can you describe it to a visa officer?