+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Person Program - Farming and Agriculture

jack_tout

Mar 30, 2016
I have applied under the "Self Employed Person Program - Farming and Agriculture" through a consultant for almost 2 years now and i still haven't received any tangible updates on my application. I keep asking him about my Customer Number or Application number but still haven't got anything form him.
Does anyone know what are the steps once you apply to such program, what is the first response from the CIC ? do they send any confirmation of receipt for the application (with a customer number ) ? what are the usual timelines and steps that my application goes through.
Should i have a tracking number for my application ?
Any help would be grateful, and i would be open for any suggestions to re-apply through a trusted party.
Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jack_tout said:
I have applied under the "Self Employed Person Program - Farming and Agriculture" through a consultant for almost 2 years now and i still haven't received any tangible updates on my application. I keep asking him about my Customer Number or Application number but still haven't got anything form him.
Does anyone know what are the steps once you apply to such program, what is the first response from the CIC ? do they send any confirmation of receipt for the application (with a customer number ) ? what are the usual timelines and steps that my application goes through.
Should i have a tracking number for my application ?
Any help would be grateful, and i would be open for any suggestions to re-apply through a trusted party.
Thanks!
1. You won't see anything for a looooooooooooooong time. The average processing time is 8 years. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp