+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

self employed category

129provailu

Jan 5, 2014
I want to apply in the self employed category.In CIC 's document checklist there is no mention about bank draft(settlement funds),education or work certificate.Shall I submit these documents with my application?

tiffers787

Mar 11, 2014
When I applied I just sent in the application without the supplementary docs, since I think it noted in the application not to send those. After they reviewed my application and made sure I met the requirements, they followed up to request all of the the additional documents to prove my proof of funds, education, tax history, loans, etc. :)

canadamika

Mar 27, 2014
You can wait until after they review your application to send in your financial documents. This is what I did and it worked out fine :)

Vicky1313

Sep 22, 2018
When I applied I just sent in the application without the supplementary docs, since I think it noted in the application not to send those. After they reviewed my application and made sure I met the requirements, they followed up to request all of the the additional documents to prove my proof of funds, education, tax history, loans, etc. :)
Hi, tiffers787, i am going to apply for a self employed person but i am not sure what supporting document need to be attached for the proof of experience and also the ability to setup a business in Canada. Is it possible if you can give me some guidance? Highly appreciated.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Ditto. I didn't send all of that. I just provided a simple one page narrative. When they followed up via my GC key profile is when I scanned and uploaded everything. It would have been impossible to send such a large amount of info via paper application.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi, tiffers787, i am going to apply for a self employed person but i am not sure what supporting document need to be attached for the proof of experience and also the ability to setup a business in Canada. Is it possible if you can give me some guidance? Highly appreciated.
I sent a CV and applicable links with application. When they followed up via my online profile, I sent them a full business plan, which also included a start up budget.

Vicky1313

Sep 22, 2018
I sent a CV and applicable links with application. When they followed up via my online profile, I sent them a full business plan, which also included a start up budget.
HI leavingonajetplane2016, thank you very much for your reply, could you please elaborate a little bit more? where did you send the CV and application links? you mean you connected your application to your GCKey acct?

could you please let me know what kind of documents did you include to proof the work experience and also can settle in Canada?

Thanks

Vicky

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
HI leavingonajetplane2016, thank you very much for your reply, could you please elaborate a little bit more? where did you send the CV and application links? you mean you connected your application to your GCKey acct?

could you please let me know what kind of documents did you include to proof the work experience and also can settle in Canada?

Thanks

Vicky
I sent the CV with my initial application. Within the CV itself, I put links to the pages relevant to my application. After I connected my application to my GC key profile, they requested additional information. This is when I uploaded all the documents I didn't print because it was over 100 pages.

Proof of work experience - my CV with links to my portfolio and screen shots of my portfolio. They also wanted proof I'd been supporting myself through self-employment so I added client contracts, payment confirmations, cheque copies, etc.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
I want to apply in the self employed category.In CIC 's document checklist there is no mention about bank draft(settlement funds),education or work certificate.Shall I submit these documents with my application?
If you have all your documents ready I'd say submit them upfront to make the process a little easier. Truth is individual experiences differ and may not follow same as yours as there are different VOs. I mean why hold on to documents you can send at once? Submit your proof of education and proof of settlement funds if you can. You can leave out the supporting documents for assets and bonds etc as noted in the schedule 6A form. These are just my thoughts but please follow your heart.