+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-employed Category (Music) - Nairobi Kenya

zana7

Feb 15, 2014
Hello,

I applied for self employed category in Dec 6, 2013 and got e-mail from CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia stating my application was sent to mission in Nairobi. I just wanted to start this thread and connect with people who have similar experiences. More importantly I wanted to know the processing time.

Thank you,

ubaid0092

Nov 20, 2013
zana7 said:
Hello,

I applied for self employed category in Dec 6, 2013 and got e-mail from CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia stating my application was sent to mission in Nairobi. I just wanted to start this thread and connect with people who have similar experiences. More importantly I wanted to know the processing time.

Thank you,
hye Zana how are you , nice you applied this category please tell me about some documentation, and how much funds you show for this category , because i want apply as photographer self employed

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
zana7 said:
Hello,

Thank you,
Hello, nice to connect with you here.

What is your current status on CIC? Application Received or In Progress?

zana7

Feb 15, 2014
ubaid0092 said:
hye Zana how are you , nice you applied this category please tell me about some documentation, and how much funds you show for this category , because i want apply as photographer self employed

Hi there,

I submitted school documents, personal reference letter from people and organizations that I was participating in cultural activities. With regards to the funds there is no set amount that you need to show. Based on the skilled labor program which clearly stated how much money you need to settle in Canada I took that as a reference point.

zana7

Feb 15, 2014
Linda2004 said:

Hi Linda2004,

Though I received e-mail from SIO, I don't see anything yet in the CIC website. I am assuming since my application was just forwarded to the mission in Nairobi it may take a while before I see anything in the system.

zana7

Feb 15, 2014
Linda2004 said:

I just found out that the status is Application Received

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
zana7 said:
I just found out that the status is Application Received
I also submitted my application in Dec. 2012 and my status is APPLICATION RECEIVED too. Do you think that CIO has assessed our eligibility in their processing center? I heard the Nova Scotia CIO office will do their initial check...

I hope Canada will accelerate their processing speed to self-employed applicants this year.

Let us keep in touch and share with each other!

zana7

Feb 15, 2014
Linda2004 said:
I also submitted my application in Dec. 2012 and my status is APPLICATION RECEIVED too. Do you think that CIO has assessed our eligibility in their processing center? I heard the Nova Scotia CIO office will do their initial check...

I hope Canada will accelerate their processing speed to self-employed applicants this year.

Let us keep in touch and share with each other!
Eligibility is performed at the mission not at CIO. CIO is only accepting application and do preliminary check to see if all the form is complete and finally forwarding it to the mission.
Is your application is forwarded to the mission? Is your category is in music?

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
zana7 said:
Eligibility is performed at the mission not at CIO. CIO is only accepting application and do preliminary check to see if all the form is complete and finally forwarding it to the mission.
Is your application is forwarded to the mission? Is your category is in music?
I seem read some post in this forum and they said CIO will perform the initial eligibility check. As far as I know, CIO checks federal skilled workers' eligibility.

I really hope we have passed the initial paper screening.

My application is forwarded to the HK mission office. My category is farm management.