+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

self employed business owner

Mar 2, 2020
i used Asquare immigration. expensive but worth it (my case was a bit skewed).

i submitted a lot of documentation based on the specific needs of my case, but the cover letter was critical (i can't share that as it's full of my private information). the following list is a bit stripped down and may be a little difficult to understand as it was tailored to my needs.

1. Articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership
  2. Self Employment Reference Letter
  3. Reference letters from Vendors/suppliers/customers
  4. Reference letter from Accountant
  5. Reference letter from Bank
  6. Past three years of Tax Returns
  7. Any additional banking proofs
  8. Evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the Service provided along with payment details
  9. Any business contracts signed by you
Did you apply under NOC 0015?

Mar 2, 2020
Hi adtjindal,

Reviving this as it's quite pertinent to my application as well. What NOC code did you end up using finally? I am a partner in a family business. The industry itself is so niche that it doesn't fall under any other NOC, so I am planning to go with NOC 0015. Interested to know which one you used and why.
Hey there. Did you go forward with your application? Did you apply under NOC 0015? My case is very similar to yours!

Vip_p007

Jul 22, 2020
Check the proof of work experience section under http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
===
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
===
I also submitted a standard reference letter signed by a manager at my company, salary tax documents (personal and for the company), office rental documents, a few invoices with client information and a detailed letter of explanation
I was propritor in India for 3 years in construction company. I am working in Canada as construction supervisor in construction company. Can I claim this experience for pr ? Can you advice me ?

Thanks

AAKASH555

Jan 27, 2021
--
Hi BC4life, i am in similar situation...got ITA as self-employed. I am a Chartered Accountant

hope you received your PR. pl share your experience and detail what all docs you enclosed to prove self-employment experience.

My situation is -
1.I am self employed Chartered Accountant
2.got reference letters from 8 clients describing my services and fee paid. Fee mentioned is as per bank statements and i will enclose copies of same.
3.i do not bill based on number of hours, its all on assignment basis. so my client have mentioned just the period of my services and not the number of hours i worked. hope this will not be an issue
4.some of my clients pay me in my personal account and some in business account. My business is a private limited company and i will be able to enclose Articles, tax returns, bank statements, lease agreement of business premises and invoice i sent to my clients.

Do you or other experienced members have any suggestions pl? Thank you very much
I AM ALSO SELF EMPLOYED. I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU CAN GIVE AN UPDATE OR SHARE YOUR EMAIL ID

Bellababy007

Jul 23, 2022
I am a business owner as well but the difference is I pay myself a salary each month as a normal employee. I did not have any real difficulty while applying for EE. As long as you are able to demonstrate your work experience you should be fine. You can read more on the EE website as they have provided guidelines for additional documents to provide for self-employed applicants

Please can you send me the sample of reference letter from your clients

Bellababy007

Jul 23, 2022
Check the proof of work experience section under http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
===
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
===
I also submitted a standard reference letter signed by a manager at my company, salary tax documents (personal and for the company), office rental documents, a few invoices with client information and a detailed letter of explanation

Please can you help send me a sample of your letter of explanation and documentation from third party individuals to Mirabelogbonnaya@yahoo.com

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022