+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Athlete

Discussion in 'Business Immigration' started by Addan29, May 17, 2018.

  1. #1 Addan29, May 17, 2018 at 4:56 AM
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Hello Everybody!

    I'm planning to apply for the Self Employed Program - Athletes, since I am a Rugby Player with several International Competitions.
    I am currently filling out the Schedule 6A. At question 6 it is asked to describe my self-employed experience in athletics. Do i have to write down my experience as a narration or i have to be schematic (Like the supplementary information form)?
    Moreover, do i have to attach any document (e.g. newspapers, websites etc.) or Cover Letter to prove what is witten down in the application form?

    Thank you!
  2. Yes I think so , But I believe that this way ( self employed ) is one of the difficult way to achieve Canadian resident so it is better to think about talk with an immigration consultant to avoid waste your time and money . I am at your service if need some advise about that .
  3. Are there a lot of bad experiences about it? Why do you think it is hard? I tried to figure out which programme would be the best to me and it seems to be the self-employed one. I should reach the 35 points just with my working experience, but of course i do not want it to be a useless procedure! :eek::eek:
  4. Guess you have checked that self employment category is quoted currently at 24 months and would expect as a rugby player as opposed say to a coach there could be some scrutiny as to whether your experience is classified as world class making you employable in your specialisation. I am no expert but to me as a personal view that is why many people might consider it hard for immigration as a self employed athlete or rugby player.
  5. I Saw that the Processing time is currently at 24 months, but i have also noticed that it is slowly going down since January. I do not know where to find any information on this particular programme, such as statistics, experiences and required documents (other than the immigration forms). Should it be the same as the Cultural counterpart? Do Self-employed people in cultural activities send extra documents in their application?

Share This Page