+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed as Work Experience

Abby799

Apr 22, 2018
Hello Members!

As this thread is open to all I would still like to hear from Indian member of the forum as I am based in India. I also apologise if anyone's sentiments are being affected by the statement, I assure you that my intentions were not to discriminate, if still anyone has expertise in the query, he or she may please provide his or her comments.

I am a lawyer by profession and aiming to move to Canada. I had this query going on in my mind that whether self employment (individual practice) is considered as work experience for express entry programme.

If yes, then what all documents would be required for the same.

Would be grateful for the help.

Thanks,
Abhinav

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello Members!

As this thread is open to all I would still like to hear from Indian member of the forum as I am based in India. I also apologise if anyone's sentiments are being affected by the statement, I assure you that my intentions were not to discriminate, if still anyone has expertise in the query, he or she may please provide his or her comments.

I am a lawyer by profession and aiming to move to Canada. I had this query going on in my mind that whether self employment (individual practice) is considered as work experience for express entry programme.

Thanks,
Abhinav
Yes, self employed is considered as work experience in FSWP.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello Members!

Thanks,
Abhinav
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s04

Doc 3112

Jun 25, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018
Hello Members!

Thanks,
Abhinav
Hello,
I want to tell you that i also applied as a self employed under EE .
There is absolutely no problem .

Noramoda

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Hello Members!

Thanks,
Abhinav

Sailing in the same boat, am a lawyer and I practice independently. So confused as to how can i show my work experience

Iksameera

May 13, 2017
Hello Members,

I am a sri Lankan and i have my own my guest house. I am monitoring building maintenance and Cleaning work in my company. Can i consider,
self employed work experience is eligible for canada work permit and work experience.
please advice me

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hello,
I want to tell you that i also applied as a self employed under EE .
There is absolutely no problem .
Hey did your application go through? I am showing self employed work experience for my foreign work experice