+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2021

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I would like to share what i knew. The C-11 normally is granted to the applicant doing trading business unless the applicant can show a very vary strong business plan with a positive 5-year forecast data, along with a three-year business owner history.
Thank you very much that you shared your knowledge.
So may you suggest that our application is doomed to failure? It is definitely not a trading business, it is a service business. We are not selling a product, we are selling a service...:-( we think we have a string business plan (we made it with a company), and my husband has more than 3 years of entrepreneurial experience. But if only they can get it who trading we’ve just waste a LOT of money to meet this program’s criteria. :-(

Mandarin0212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I would like to share what i knew. The C-11 normally is granted to the applicant doing trading business unless the applicant can show a very vary strong business plan with a positive 5-year forecast data, along with a three-year business owner history.
So may you suggest that our application is doomed to failure? It is definitely not a trading business, it is a service business. We are not selling a product, we are selling a service...:-( we think we have a string business plan (we made it with a company), and my husband has more than 3 years of entrepreneurial experience. But if only they can get it who trading we’ve just waste a LOT of money to

mavisac

Nov 6, 2018
So may you suggest that our application is doomed to failure? It is definitely not a trading business, it is a service business. We are not selling a product, we are selling a service...:-( we think we have a string business plan (we made it with a company), and my husband has more than 3 years of entrepreneurial experience. But if only they can get it who trading we’ve just waste a LOT of money to
Sorry, I hope I did not mislead you. I meant trading might be better but other business such as a Pizza restaurant in a small town, not in the Toronto DT would also be good. The key point is your business plan. and normally C-11 applicant in ON and BC could get 1-year inital WP, and after one year, when you renew it, you may get 2 or 3 more years. BTW, during the C-11 WP, you child's university tuition would be same as the local students. Also, it is better you apply for the spousal OWP after your husband gets the C-11 WP.

170215D

Feb 1, 2022
Unfortunately, I don't know. I’ve started this stream, but I think a lot of people are following older topics, like 2018,2019,2020.
Just a quick update: we sent our application in January, we received our temporary file number on 5th of February. Since then nothing happened.
So, how it is going? Have you got your documents approved?

We have submitted our application October 2021, no answer yet, either processing number.

lyubov24

Mar 8, 2021
Good afternoon! I applied at the end of August 2021 as a self-employed artist. There is no answer yet, even the assignment of a temporary number. Just a questionnaire about how convenient it was to fill out an application online. On January 31, news about migration appeared. The Canadian government has spent $80 million to improve migration work. More than 500 new migration officers were hired to process applications. They also promise that in the coming months they will revise the deadlines for processing applications and update the data on the site, including for the self-employed. This is good news. But I have another question, my English scores at the time of submission were as follows: listening 4, reading 3.5, writing 3.5, speaking 5. The total score is 4 (B1). As far as I know, there is no minimum in English in our program (self-employed). But still, maybe there are those here who also have a low level? And is it possible to send a new ielts result after assigning the number, since I am now preparing to retake the exam. To raise the level. Thank you all) and have a nice day))

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Good afternoon! I applied at the end of August 2021 as a self-employed artist. There is no answer yet, even the assignment of a temporary number. Just a questionnaire about how convenient it was to fill out an application online. On January 31, news about migration appeared. The Canadian government has spent $80 million to improve migration work. More than 500 new migration officers were hired to process applications. They also promise that in the coming months they will revise the deadlines for processing applications and update the data on the site, including for the self-employed. This is good news. But I have another question, my English scores at the time of submission were as follows: listening 4, reading 3.5, writing 3.5, speaking 5. The total score is 4 (B1). As far as I know, there is no minimum in English in our program (self-employed). But still, maybe there are those here who also have a low level? And is it possible to send a new ielts result after assigning the number, since I am now preparing to retake the exam. To raise the level. Thank you all) and have a nice day))
You can update any significant changes or what you believe the officer should know by webform. I think it makes better sense to do so after you have received the permanent application number.

It's true that there is no minimum language requirement for the program, some say 'as long as you can carry out your intended occupation'.
But if you have decided to re-take, there's no harm to update IRCC with a better score.

Your current score brings you 4 points in your application. Some say CELPIP-G is 'easier' than IELTS - not sure if you've considered that. (I didn't write CELPIP, can't compare)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/self-employed-persons/assessing-application-against-selection-criteria.html

170215D

Feb 1, 2022
Unfortunately, I don't know. I’ve started this stream, but I think a lot of people are following older topics, like 2018,2019,2020.
Just a quick update: we sent our application in January, we received our temporary file number on 5th of February. Since then nothing happened.
It was January 2021, right? And may I ask where are you from? And do you applicate inside or outside Canada?

lyubov24

Mar 8, 2021
[ЦИТАТА="comerunning19, сообщение: 9937116, участник: 914460"]
Вы можете обновить любые существенные изменения или то, что, по вашему мнению, офицер должен знать, с помощью веб-формы. Думаю, лучше это сделать после того, как вы получите постоянный номер заявки.

Это правда, что для программы не существует минимального языкового требования, некоторые говорят: «До тех пор, пока вы можете заниматься своей предполагаемой деятельностью».
Но если вы решили пересдать, нет ничего плохого в том, чтобы обновить IRCC с более высоким баллом.

Ваша текущая оценка приносит вам 4 балла в приложении. Некоторые говорят, что CELPIP-G «легче», чем IELTS — не уверен, что вы это учитывали. (CELPIP не писал, не могу сравнить)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/self-employed-persons/assessing-application-against- selection-criteria.html
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

lyubov24

Mar 8, 2021
Thank you very much for the answer. When I submitted the documents, I hoped that they would respond quickly. But the delays are very frustrating. It is not clear how long to wait. Some moved very quickly under this program for 9 months or 1.5 years from submission. But now, it could drag on for more than 37 months, is that right? After all, 37 months is the average time for processing applications, so maybe 5 years?? I don't know what to do, when you submit documents, you count on one thing, and then everything changes. This is very wrong, now you will not withdraw your application, because they will not return all the money. How can I migrate faster? I tried to find a job offer, but those people who help to do this are asking for a lot of money. $12,000 for working as a nurse with a salary of $15 per hour. It's unreal. It's a pity, I want to give children a future so much, but in the end, it's such a disappointment.