+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Yukcambb

May 4, 2020
The reason I'm asking is because I would like to send an inquiry via the web form, but it asks whether the application is being processed in Canada or outside. And I don't have the information. Thanks again!

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi there, I've received a temporary application number and waiting for updates. I submitted my application in September last year. Does anyone know how to find out which visa office would process an application? Is it normally the office in the city one is living in? Thank you!
Per the information I received from a local visa office, your case might not be necessearily proccessed in your city.

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hi
Nice to know that you are a screen writer. Honestly film industry in Canada is thriving around Greater Vancouver, Toronto and Halifax. However Vancouver is nearer to LA and there are many reputed film schools. So people look forwrd to start at Vancouver. Toronto is more populated and has a harsh weather. In less populated cities or provinces your yearly expenditure comes down but the number of opportunity also comes down. So if you have good contacts in and around bigger cities and can procure contract by phone or meeting occasionally, you can stay in a smaller city. But if you are starting afresh, you must relocate to places where you could create your contacts. You have to weigh your own strength before deciding on a city. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for answering! Makes sense. I guess filmmaking is a bit different than being a music teacher in a small town (like the example noted in the IRCC website), it needs to have contact and industry foundation. Guess I'll stick to my Vancouver location. Thanks again!

Reactions: Goodlucker

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Dear All,
I have some queries. Kindly help.

1) Regarding additional family info. form {IMM5405] Do I need to write all the names in English as well as in my native language (like Hindi in India)? Because in this section if I would have t write in native language then I have to print it and write it in native language

2) Regarding additional family info. form {IMM5405] How to write name? Given name first or family name first?

3) D I need to create a GCkey to submit the form? And if yes should I mention the GCkey number on the additional documents (Paper) I'm posting ?

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf (Link for additional family info. form {IMM5405])
1) I think they want both in English and your native letters. They want to make sure the letters match your passport or ID card, etc.

2)I just used the common rules, in English it's given name then family name, however, in other language, it might be the other way around.

3) Can you? I heard GCkey is something you obtain when given a permanent UCI number? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hello
How long it takes you from medical request received until CoPR please?
Hi there, I've been following all the thread, remembered on May 28th you mentioned the interview was successful! I assume you've done medical exam already (when, please?), but still no CoPR? Best of luck to you: )

Reactions: MinhAnh

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
I believe that the most important contents would still be in 6A.
Hi friend, a quick question for you (or anyone who applied), for the photo requirement, it says "include 2 photos for each member of your family". This DOES NOT include my parents, correct? Just the spouse, dependent, if any. Right? Thank you very much!

MinhAnh

Dec 16, 2020
Hi friend, a quick question for you (or anyone who applied), for the photo requirement, it says "include 2 photos for each member of your family". This DOES NOT include my parents, correct? Just the spouse, dependent, if any. Right? Thank you very much!
Photos of members included in your application only

MinhAnh

Dec 16, 2020
Hi there, I've been following all the thread, remembered on May 28th you mentioned the interview was successful! I assume you've done medical exam already (when, please?), but still no CoPR? Best of luck to you: )
Medical requests done on 10 of June

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Medical requests done on 10 of June
Again, best of luck! Is there a one year expiration date on the medical request? Meaning you have to enter Canada within one year after you received your medical request? Or after you've done the medical exam?
I guess covid had changed that perhaps?

I'm not yet submitted my application and here I am asking about landing lol.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Again, best of luck! Is there a one year expiration date on the medical request? Meaning you have to enter Canada within one year after you received your medical request? Or after you've done the medical exam?
I guess covid had changed that perhaps?

I'm not yet submitted my application and here I am asking about landing lol.
one year after medical pass

Ateeqa

Mar 22, 2021
Hi, can anyone know about any platform in Canada in which anybody contact with markets for videography and photography? We want to immigrate to Canada through self employed program and I just want to have some know how about Canada video market before applying. I 'll be very thankful if anybody help us