+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thanks a lot for replying! Thank you also for being very active in this thread. It helped a lot of people I think!

I saw quite a few people mentioning that they'll add a cover letter to explain how the self-employed is for them, or to simply summarize their application I guess? But I think you can explain those in 6A Q7, isn't it?

For Business Plan, I saw on #254 of this thread that someone answered your question, saying "Migration officer sent me the letter under the title of Procedural fairness and asked me to submit more evidence and also Detail business plan." I don't know if 6A Q11 Intended Occupation should be the right place to write the Business plan. Or should I write an additional BP...
I believe that the most important contents would still be in 6A.

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hi all, a quick question for friends who are already arrived in Canada about "Total Funds available for settlement in Canada". I noticed some threads mentioning that we might be asked to provide proof for total funds available, either early on, or when we are approved and arrived in Canada (a border control officer might ask for that).

My question is: when asked by an officer at the border (or early on), do you need to have proof of the amount you declared in the 6A "Total Funds available for settlement in Canada", or do you just need enough to live for 1 year in Canada (which can be much less)?

I'm asking because some of the money might be in the form of stocks. I wonder if we need proof of the exact amount (or more) we declared in 6A, or is it flexible? Thank you so much.

elephantman

Sep 2, 2020
Hello Comrades! Great stories here, I have been following and reading up on them and its an encouragement. I have been a lurker too( as someone else already said that here before :) )

I'm almost ready to complete my application , i have a few questions to ask, would be great if any of the members can throw some light on it :-

1. Do we need to submit the police certificate along with the application or it can wait till they ask for it?

2. I’m eyeing for Ontario. I chose this province because i have relatives there too. So i have made my business plan around starting the self employment in Ontario. Now my NOC code is somewhat regulated in Ontario, but not in all the other provinces like ; British Columbia.. i have done my research and one can still apply if the NOC code is regulated in a particular province (and start a business once the PR is approved) and then later do a bridging course to continue doing your self employment. So my second question is: Shall i go ahead with Ontario as my preferred location in Business Plan?

Thank you in advance!

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hello Comrades! Great stories here, I have been following and reading up on them and its an encouragement. I have been a lurker too( as someone else already said that here before :) )

I'm almost ready to complete my application , i have a few questions to ask, would be great if any of the members can throw some light on it :-

1. Do we need to submit the police certificate along with the application or it can wait till they ask for it?

2. I’m eyeing for Ontario. I chose this province because i have relatives there too. So i have made my business plan around starting the self employment in Ontario. Now my NOC code is somewhat regulated in Ontario, but not in all the other provinces like ; British Columbia.. i have done my research and one can still apply if the NOC code is regulated in a particular province (and start a business once the PR is approved) and then later do a bridging course to continue doing your self employment. So my second question is: Shall i go ahead with Ontario as my preferred location in Business Plan?

Thank you in advance!
For Q1. As on the checklist Page 2 item 15, it recommends you to get it now. I'd just send in everything you have, just in case. They might later ask for an updated one, but always good to have it sent with your application imo.

elephantman

Sep 2, 2020
For Q1. As on the checklist Page 2 item 15, it recommends you to get it now. I'd just send in everything you have, just in case. They might later ask for an updated one, but always good to have it sent with your application imo.
Thanks, Ryan! that helps! :)
Could anyone answer my second question please?

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
Hi there, I am applying as a screenwriter and eyeing Vancouver, BC. Will big cities like Vancouver reduce our chance to be approved? Not yet submit our application. Plan to submit very soon.
Hi
Nice to know that you are a screen writer. Honestly film industry in Canada is thriving around Greater Vancouver, Toronto and Halifax. However Vancouver is nearer to LA and there are many reputed film schools. So people look forwrd to start at Vancouver. Toronto is more populated and has a harsh weather. In less populated cities or provinces your yearly expenditure comes down but the number of opportunity also comes down. So if you have good contacts in and around bigger cities and can procure contract by phone or meeting occasionally, you can stay in a smaller city. But if you are starting afresh, you must relocate to places where you could create your contacts. You have to weigh your own strength before deciding on a city. Hope this helps.

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
Dear All,
I have some queries. Kindly help.

1) Regarding additional family info. form {IMM5405] Do I need to write all the names in English as well as in my native language (like Hindi in India)? Because in this section if I would have t write in native language then I have to print it and write it in native language

2) Regarding additional family info. form {IMM5405] How to write name? Given name first or family name first?

3) D I need to create a GCkey to submit the form? And if yes should I mention the GCkey number on the additional documents (Paper) I'm posting ?

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf (Link for additional family info. form {IMM5405])

Yukcambb

May 4, 2020
Hi there, I've received a temporary application number and waiting for updates. I submitted my application in September last year. Does anyone know how to find out which visa office would process an application? Is it normally the office in the city one is living in? Thank you!