+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Great news for COPR holders
any foreign national who holds a valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) may travel to Canada.

Under the previous rules, foreign nationals who held a valid COPR issued on or before March 18, 2020, were exempt from Canada’s travel restrictions. Those who held a valid COPR issued after March 18, 2020, could only come to Canada if they met another exemption or were coming from the US to settle permanently in Canada.

Reactions: mamasvoice

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Great news for COPR holders
any foreign national who holds a valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) may travel to Canada.

Under the previous rules, foreign nationals who held a valid COPR issued on or before March 18, 2020, were exempt from Canada’s travel restrictions. Those who held a valid COPR issued after March 18, 2020, could only come to Canada if they met another exemption or were coming from the US to settle permanently in Canada.
That's great! Though slow, things are moving. Patience, I tell myself.

Reactions: cheetos13s

Emilogabilo

Jun 24, 2021
Hi, I am currently in Canada and have management experience of over 13 years. I was working as GM in my last job in Dubai on profit sharing basis. Running the business as working partner on profit sharing basis. Prior to that i have owned business in India with 100% ownership. Please guide me to proceed further for Business immigration process. I am interested in investing/owing new/existing business in Canada.
Contact an immigration lawyer my friend!

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
My AOR is Feb 14, 2020. Biometrics done March 13, 2020. Just waiting...no word since March 13. NOC 5121 Author and Writer. Self-employed PR application from USA
Hello friend, just would like to see if you have any update on your application? Have you received your PR yet? I am a NOC 5121 Writer as well, been studying and working in LA for several years and currently in China. I plan to apply SE next month. Good luck to you. Look forward to hearing from you.

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hi,

I have the same NOC as well you. I am a copywriter. Could you share your roles and responsibilities with me? I'm a little stressed about the reference letter.
I have the same NOC as well. I'm a screenwriter. How did you solve the reference letter problem? Do you know how many reference letters would be enough? How's your application going? Any updates? Best of luck my friend!

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hi JaunRaza,

Which stage are you at now?

Self employment evidence i.e. BR, excerpts of contracts and invoices.

A reasonable amount for working out our self employment plan as we are not investing or opening a big business. You may say from savings but that really is no big amount.

Everything was provided in our answers to Schedule 6A Q7 & Q11. I think around 5 extra A4 pages for the entire Schedule 6A (including the answers to the 2 Qs and the narrative statement).

We have received our approval earlier this week.
Thank you for all your supports throughout our journey :)
A belated congrats! Any updates recently? I prepared almost all the documents but not sure if I should write a business plan and cover letter like many people suggested. I felt that my explanations in Schedule 6A Q7 & Q11 seem to suffice. Do you have any suggestions on whether to write a Cover letter or business plan? If so, what should be included in a Cover Letter?

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hey everyone, newbie here. Just would like to know if I should include my bank statements in the application? On Schedule 6A it is clearly stated that "Do not provide supporting documents at this point". But I'm worried if I don't, it'll delay the processing of the application. What did everyone do?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
A belated congrats! Any updates recently? I prepared almost all the documents but not sure if I should write a business plan and cover letter like many people suggested. I felt that my explanations in Schedule 6A Q7 & Q11 seem to suffice. Do you have any suggestions on whether to write a Cover letter or business plan? If so, what should be included in a Cover Letter?
Feel free to incorporate everything in Schedule 6A coz you are not expected to submit extra things.
Not sure about your definition or expectataion of a cover letter though...

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Feel free to incorporate everything in Schedule 6A coz you are not expected to submit extra things.
Not sure about your definition or expectataion of a cover letter though...
Thanks a lot for replying! Thank you also for being very active in this thread. It helped a lot of people I think!

I saw quite a few people mentioning that they'll add a cover letter to explain how the self-employed is for them, or to simply summarize their application I guess? But I think you can explain those in 6A Q7, isn't it?

For Business Plan, I saw on #254 of this thread that someone answered your question, saying "Migration officer sent me the letter under the title of Procedural fairness and asked me to submit more evidence and also Detail business plan." I don't know if 6A Q11 Intended Occupation should be the right place to write the Business plan. Or should I write an additional BP...